Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
Wonder if JV will start that "cycling is clean. Doping stopped in 06" B.S. and Tygart will call him on it.

And Floyd? Still a douche bag cheater.

I'll wait for the cliff notes.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
As much as I think it's good to be openly discussing doping in cycling, I don't think it's going to change unless the European countries are on board with stopping it. USA has too low of percentage in the pro peloton to make a major change on the doping culture.

Floyd Landis To Headline Yale University Discussion On Anti-doping | Cyclingnews.com

Finally, when asked about whether anti-doping agencies had been selective over their targets given the magnitude of doping revealed within cycling over the last two decades, Landis said: "I don't think the anti-doping agencies have the resources to go after everybody. The tests don't work so they have to go after the biggest guy and that's one way of doing it. I think that's as equally as unfair as selectively enforcing the rules in cycling. But as a practical manner maybe they see it as the best use of the resources they have. I think it's a bit of a dilemma for them because on one hand they're saying they enforce the rules and what's fair but on the other hand they're enforcing them selectively and that's unfair. There're a lot of reasons why that's happening. Some of them are based around the fact they're trying to get the biggest results out of the money they have and sometimes, depending on who it is and how things go, it becomes personal."
Now this is an interesting comment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.