Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Single Speed Cross Guy
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets say both are Steel frames, A Serotta and a Landshark, which would you go with for a time trial frame, and why?
If you have one or both please let me know what you think and if you have ridden both you input what be greatly appreciated, and if not your views would be appreciated as well.
Regards,

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
brianlve said:
Ok lets say both are Steel frames, A Serotta and a Landshark, which would you go with for a time trial frame, and why?
If you have one or both please let me know what you think and if you have ridden both you input what be greatly appreciated, and if not your views would be appreciated as well.
Regards,
Preface: I have no experience with Serrotta and only a short ride on a Landshark road frame.

I'd go with Landshark based on John Slawta's sweet paint jobs alone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife has a landshark and I assume your talking about a serotta steel (custom). John at landshark likes to use Dedaccai (spelled wrong) tubing and serotta uses columbus typically. I would say the quality will be the same and the fit will be the same since both companies have a good reputation and have been doing it for a while. The paint job that you get with a landshark is up to you, no extra charge. Serotta will charge you for a special paint job. In addition, a custom serotta is going to cost a little more than a landshark. We looked at serotta and in the end, the landshark was a better deal. My wife loves the bike and the paint job has held up great for the last 3 years. If we had to, we would go that route again. I have recently purchased a DeSalvo steel frame, and I would also recommend looking at his bikes. He does very good work, uses columbus steel and uses spectrum for powdercoating. His prices are extremely good and he is a nice guy to work with. He is just down the street from John at landshark. I wanted to get something other than what my wife had, otherwise I probably would have gone with landshark. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry,
I'm at work and don't have pictures on this computer of my wife's landshark. My DeSalvo is being built up by Mike DeSalvo right now and I don't have pictures of it yet. I'm supposed to have it by the end of next week. I'll post pictures of them next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.