Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
i had heard somewhere that the taxi scheme was "borrowed" from a reasonably well-known nyc bike messenger, who had pretty much painted his bike the precisely same way. anyone else know anything about that?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sorry to bring this ancient thread back up. How's everyone liking the Langster thus far? I'm eyeing an NYC and might pounce on it this week.

Also, anyone know what the biggest tire size the langsters can take?

·
Registered
453 Posts
palu said:
Sorry to bring this ancient thread back up. How's everyone liking the Langster thus far? I'm eyeing an NYC and might pounce on it this week.

Mine came stock with 23s and there's not a lot of room. Very much like my race bike. I'm guessing 25 max but could be wrong.

Rides great but don't all bikes now?

·
Registered
208 Posts
palu said:

I am not very hip because I like the polished with the road bars.:rolleyes: I have 2 nice road bikes but for a hammer, pump the legs, i use the langster. I ride it as a SS for training. 30 mi. interval sprints. When I am done my legs are pumped up like balloons, and I am spent. It makes riding the geared bikes easy. :thumbsup: I have found that it is a good frame, stiff, but still comfortable. With the right tires, http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=19097&subcategory_ID=5420 the bike is very fast. I am a real pain in the ass. I love to chase down the strong geared riders/ bikes and follow them down the trail.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Yep, the same could be said for London. I speak from bitter experience. Conversely Tokyo taxi drivers don't hate anyone 'cos to their minds there's no-one else on the roads.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
It's your dosh, but seriously, if you rode that in London you would probably be laughed at, and not just by fixie hipsters. God Save The Queen? Gawd 'elp us guv'nor!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.