Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a Langster on my local Craig's List (Minneapolis&St.Paul) for $325. That seems really cheap. So I looked at the ebay completed sales of Langsters. The completed sales didn't give me a definite answer, but it seems this price is somewhat common.

What are your opinions of this price for a Langster? The advert says it has 20 miles on it and is in excellent condition.

Link to sale: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/141207630.html

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'd say a good deal...

I just sold my Langster on eBay for $292. It was in brand new condition, however it wasn't even the complete bike. Sold it sans wheels, saddle and pedals. I'd say jump on it, especially if you can pick it up locally.

Brooks K.

·
Fixed Geezer
76 Posts
There's a guy on the SF CL asking $500 for his, so $325 doesn't seem too bad to me if it's a bike that you want and it fits you.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
mine..

rigtenzin said:
I just saw a Langster on my local Craig's List (Minneapolis&St.Paul) for $325. That seems really cheap. So I looked at the ebay completed sales of Langsters. The completed sales didn't give me a definite answer, but it seems this price is somewhat common.

What are your opinions of this price for a Langster? The advert says it has 20 miles on it and is in excellent condition.

Link to sale: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/141207630.html

Thanks,
Rob
new, last years model = 450$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a barely used 2006 Langster this Saturday for $400 complete.
I picked it up myself. The previous owner upgraded the tires and bar tape.
My maiden voyage was on Sunday and I really had a blast with it.
It's nothing fancy, but perfect for my purpose.
A definite keeper.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was in my LBS yesterday and they had the new Langster at $600. I think I paid like $400-425 for mine in the same shop 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
IMHO, $325 is exactly what a used $600 bike should be selling for.

If you pay more than $400, you might as well get one of these, brand new, for $150 more:

IRO Mark V
Bianchi Pista
Giant Bowery
Raleigh Rush Hour
Bianchi San Jose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts