Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a follow up to a previous thread i had posted earlier. had paid a visit to my local LBS in search of entry level trek which salesperson had steered to me to an alpha aluminum 1500. but only had a 56cm in stock to test ride. felt pretty good, buy being 6ft w33inseam wanted to try a 58cm, whell just the other day had a chance to ride a 58cm & it also felt good, just a little more upright due to the larger head tube size. the dilema here is that i was only able to test ride both bikes in their adjacent parking lot, with that in mind & being caught in between sizes, my question is if im riding 25-30 miles 3-4 x a week (maybe longer once i get my conditioning back) do you go for the slightly upright 58cm or the more aggresive 56cm would aprreciate some input before making final decision. thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
edgeman said:
my question is if im riding 25-30 miles 3-4 x a week (maybe longer once i get my conditioning back) do you go for the slightly upright 58cm or the more aggresive 56cm would aprreciate some input before making final decision. thanks
Edgeman, remember that one person's "more aggressive" is another person's "twitchy", "cramped", and "unstable".

I've been fitting people for about ten years, and while there are plenty of folks out there more knowledgeable than myself, I've found that cyclists tend to "spread out", so to speak. In other words, most tend to want to stretch out a bit farther as their skills develop.

I don't think you're caught between two sizes at all. From everything I've read, you need a 58. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts