Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· The web is a MUT
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried various search terms and came up empty, so I'm asking here.

What is the widest tire I can put onto a Fillmore? I'd like to run some 28 or 32 width tires, currently got the 23's on there. Anybody run wider tires on their's ?

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
It's pretty tight on mine in the front, rear should take about anything. I think 25's will work. I'm pretty sure 32's won't. I didn't have enough room for a fender to go through the fork on the front. I'm considering a new pacer fork so that I can run traditional fenders.

· The web is a MUT
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, might end up using a different bike (not thrilled with this option), or putting a rack on the bike (don't wanna do that).

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
I think you could get the pacer fork and run 32's without a fender, 28s with from their description. Only around 100 bucks, I'm considering the option for myself

Hows the Imperial? I've got mine on my geared bike right now. It's not quite as good as it was on the fillmore but still pretty comfortable. I got it wet so I've tensioned it a bit and I'll see how that does.

· The web is a MUT
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VaughnA said:
I think you could get the pacer fork and run 32's without a fender, 28s with from their description. Only around 100 bucks, I'm considering the option for myself

Hows the Imperial? I've got mine on my geared bike right now. It's not quite as good as it was on the fillmore but still pretty comfortable. I got it wet so I've tensioned it a bit and I'll see how that does.
I'll check into the pacer fork as an option and see if I can get an EP deal on one thru the part-time gig.

The Imperial is still good, but with an embarassingly low mileage so far due to a variety of reasons (none of which relate to the saddle). Had planned to ride on Saturday morning, that plan went sour. Had planned to ride Sunday, that plan soured too. Had planned to ride in with it this morning, and likewise that plan went bad as well. Now I'm going to go to work on sweetening the sourness, maybe tomorrow. Frustrating, with a capital F (cue the Woodstock "fish" song, 'give me an F....') :mad2:

Hmmm, do you think a LongHaulTrucker fork would work in the Fillmore? Maybe I can rig up a quick-change setup with a touring front fork and front rack with a bag/pannier for the commuting gear, then put the original fork in for the non-commute days. Hmmm, gots me some thinkin' to do now.

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
IIRC the fillmore has 45mm rake. The LHT is canti's only from what I see but the geo looks like it would probably work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.