Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely want to eat at Shibuya again. I'd like to try Craftsteak.

Any gastronomes have any recommendations for me? It's hard to tell what's worth the money and what's only expensive because Wolfgang or Emeril's name is on it.

I don't mind spending some money, but I'm not looking to go crazy (i.e., no $150 entrees).
 

·
"El Bwana"
Joined
·
4,399 Posts
Not sure where you're staying but rm Seafood (downstairs) at Mandalay Bay is quite good. Then again, there's the buffet at Binion's.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PDex said:
Not sure where you're staying but rm Seafood (downstairs) at Mandalay Bay is quite good. Then again, there's the buffet at Binion's.
Flamingo. So I'm right in the middle of the strip.

Oh, I want to stay on the strip, BTW.
 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
I have truly enjoyed every meal I've ever eaten at any of the restaurants in the Hard Rock Hotel.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait a second. Colicchio is behind Craftsteak. I bet that puts this place way out of my price range.
 

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
Joined
·
787 Posts
Craftsteak is amazing. I've been there 3 or 4 times and it never dissapoints. It will be close to $100 per person though.

The Emeril's in MGM kinda sucks. The menu is mostly fish and seafood iirc. It wasn't very expensive but it wasn't very good either.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sun Burn said:
Craftsteak is amazing. I've been there 3 or 4 times and it never disappoints. It will be close to $100 per person though.

The American in MGM kinda sucks. The menu is mostly fish and seafood iirc. It wasn't very expensive but it wasn't very good either.
Holy picked tomatoes. Does that include tip and drinks? Or just the food?
 

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
Joined
·
787 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Holy picked tomatoes. Does that include tip and drinks? Or just the food?
Drinks and food but no tip. Every time I've been I've averaged around $100.00 per person and I've been in groups as small as two and as big as 6. Once we got a bottle of wine but the other times we just drank sparkling water. It's been 2 years or so since I went last but I remember that it is well worth the money and that I will try to go every single time I go to Vegas.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sun Burn said:
Drinks and food but no tip. Every time I've been I've averaged around $100.00 per person and I've been in groups as small as two and as big as 6. Once we got a bottle of wine but the other times we just drank sparkling water. It's been 2 years or so since I went last but I remember that it is well worth the money and that I will try to go every single time I go to Vegas.
I have some world-class steak places five minutes from my home that cost half that, so I sort of have a problem with paying $250 for us to eat steak. Maybe I can get L2H a cheezburger, and I'll just eat the free bread.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
il sogno said:
Joel Rubuchon.
A friend of mine met him and got her photo taken with him. He looks like a straight-up jack-o-lantern.

His place is at the MGM, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
My favorite three in Vegas are

Gallegers Steakhouse in NYNY.. Wall of aging red meat as you walk in. Great Steaks even better service and you can ride theroller coaster after you have had your fill.

Japonias in the Mirage. Tasty Asian inspired seafood and steaks and what not.

Bobby Flays Mesa Grill in Caesars, just good food you wont find in to many other places, also I like him on the TV.
 

·
Squirrel Hunter
Joined
·
3,806 Posts
Mesa Grill

rollinrob said:
Bobby Flays Mesa Grill in Caesars, just good food you wont find in to many other places...
Also dined there, perfect description... just good food. Even got my wife to go across the hallway to the Shadow bar for a little tasteful/erotic entertainment.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rollinrob said:
My favorite three in Vegas are

Gallegers Steakhouse in NYNY.. Wall of aging red meat as you walk in. Great Steaks even better service and you can ride theroller coaster after you have had your fill.

Japonias in the Mirage. Tasty Asian inspired seafood and steaks and what not.

Bobby Flays Mesa Grill in Caesars, just good food you wont find in to many other places, also I like him on the TV.
How much was Mesa Grill? The website lists it as "$$$$."
 

·
Squirrel Hunter
Joined
·
3,806 Posts
Poor memory

Scotty2Hotty said:
How much was Mesa Grill? The website lists it as "$$$$."
It was not enough to shock me so much that I remember the price. If I had to take a wild guess I would say we spent $100 and that may or may not have included the tip. That was probably a couple of drinks, salads, two moderate priced entrees and a side. Maybe split a dessert but probably not. With appetizers and a bottle of wine you could rack up a big bill pretty quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
I was going to suggest Mess Grill, it isn't that expensive especially compared to Steakcraft, I don't remember it being expenive for 2 of us and I am really cheap so do remember this stuff. I really liked Olives in the Bellagio. We usually stay at Flamingo, Paris or Ballys as we play there most and thats were we get the free room offers (at least before we had kids) and I would avoid all restaurants in Flamingo. Mon Ami Gabi in Paris was pretty disappointing. I got food poisoning from RM in Mandalay Bay, bad oysters I think. The steak house at the Golden Nugget is pretty good, we went there last time we went, I think it is called Mick and Anthony's. My sister-in-law ate at Nob Hill at MGM and really liked it.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
idris icabod said:
I was going to suggest Mess Grill, it isn't that expensive especially compared to Steakcraft, I don't remember it being expenive for 2 of us and I am really cheap so do remember this stuff. I really liked Olives in the Bellagio. We usually stay at Flamingo, Paris or Ballys as we play there most and thats were we get the free room offers (at least before we had kids) and I would avoid all restaurants in Flamingo. Mon Ami Gabi in Paris was pretty disappointing. I got food poisoning from RM in Mandalay Bay, bad oysters I think. The steak house at the Golden Nugget is pretty good, we went there last time we went, I think it is called Mick and Anthony's. My sister-in-law ate at Nob Hill at MGM and really liked it.
Nobhill has specials after 10pm. Bam!
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top