Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an aging bell sweep helmet and would like something different. does anyone have the las victory helmet and if so, what do you think?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Try a few on, check for comfort, fit and vision.

Then get the red one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have one and like it but it just fit my head more comfortably than others. I tried on just about every one they had and the LAS fit perfectly. I like the way the inside liner comes out so it can be washed also.

·
Registered
473 Posts
C130 said:
I have one and like it but it just fit my head more comfortably than others. I tried on just about every one they had and the LAS fit perfectly. I like the way the inside liner comes out so it can be washed also.
+1, I like mine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments. i'm looking for a bay area store who stocks them...so i can see how they fit

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
if its ne thing like the haxial the liner, wile comfy n nice in the winter..will positively make ur head melt in the summer

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kenyonCycleist said:
if its ne thing like the haxial the liner, wile comfy n nice in the winter..will positively make ur head melt in the summer
kenyon, thanks for this consideration. california summer do get hot...

is overheating an issue with others using this helmet?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
599 Posts
similar experience to kenyon- tho i can't say if it applies to the LAS Victory, neither the Haxial nor the Squalo I tried cooled very well due to the design of the liner.in spite of all the agressive looking ventilation holes both of them had very restricted airflow for channeling heat away from the head.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
caterham said:
similar experience to kenyon- tho i can't say if it applies to the LAS Victory, neither the Haxial nor the Squalo I tried cooled very well due to the design of the liner.in spite of all the agressive looking ventilation holes both of them had very restricted airflow for channeling heat away from the head.

himmm, does anyone know who stocks Las helmets in the bay area?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Don't get that.

tsutaoka said:
i have an aging bell sweep helmet and would like something different. does anyone have the las victory helmet and if so, what do you think?

It looks just like the Sweep. Get the Squalo. It has SPIKES!!!

-Smarty

·
Registered
832 Posts
Overheating? That means you need to go faster! Stomp on the cranks, baby!

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
I wear a headsweats under my helmet all the time and never had issues with overheating. I think it helps keep me cooler by wicking the sweat. Plus, I am bald, so it keeps my head shaded as well. I can't imagine that the mesh liner in this helmet (at least that's what it looks like in the photo above) would make anyone overheat.

That said, buy helmet on fit first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As MW indicated, buy helmet on fit first.

I just recently bought this helmet and prefer the fit over the 7 year old Giro Atmos (USPS) it is replacing. I went to two stores to try on the Giro Ionos, Lazer Genesis, LAS Victory, and LAS Istrion. I would have chosen the Lazer for their adjustment system, but it sat a little higher compared to the Giro and LAS.

It holds up pretty well and comes with a "summer liner" that you can switch with the ones that came with the helmet. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My company hooked me up with a Squalo, and I love it. It really isnt that hot in the summer. It comes with a summer and winter liner, which is a plus. Anyway, I dont think you would be disappointed with it. Plus it looks bad ass

·
For Rent
308 Posts
I was lucky enough to have a LBS that carried the LAS line I tried on all their helmets, at least the ones available in the US. The Haxial fit me the best, so like any good rider, I bought one in red to match my road bike, then a blue one 5 months later to match my cross bike.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts