Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...this always happens the night before a weekend off.

Not.

WTF? I've never even had a thing for Tom Selleck. :rolleyes:

It was so realistic I even remember thinking in the dream, "OMgawsh I can't wait to post about this in the Lounge."

And I suck at dancing and he wasn't much better. But he was very nice, and totally dug me.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
so should i continue to work on my magnum p.i. stache or not?

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets_ride said:
Was he wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt?
No, it was white with a thin plaid pattern.

I really don't care a whole lot for plaid. Or argyle. Argyle is worse and I would've refused to dance with him had he been wearing Argyle.

He was also thinner than I would've thought. Still had the 'stache.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'll give you that one. Tom is ok. A pretty damned good volleyball player in his college days.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
But he was very nice, and totally dug me.
C()de?

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
Kram said:
I'll give you that one. Tom is ok. A pretty damned good volleyball player in his college days.
And the original choice for Indiana Jones....

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
And I suck at dancing and he wasn't much better. But he was very nice, and totally dug me.
OEH, btw, this bit right here tells me that you are in a much better emotional place than you think. hth, etc :thumbsup: :wink5:

·
Registered
170 Posts
My wife played volleball with him. Does that count?

OldEndicottHiway said:
...this always happens the night before a weekend off.
Not.
WTF? I've never even had a thing for Tom Selleck. :rolleyes:
My wife's ALWAYS had a thing for Selleck, going back to the Magnum PI days. One of the reasons she noticed me in the first place is that I used to look a lot like him (we're four days apart in age, but he's held up better than I have...).
Her cousin lived in Hawaii when they were shooting that show, and played volleyball on a beach where the TV crew used to hang out. My wife was over there visiting one time when they came down and got into a game.
She says he was very nice, too, and a better player than she was. She tactfully hasn't mentioned whether he really dug her.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hickey,

...why I oughtta...

AAAHHHHGH. It's him! It's him! That's the guy! Check out the split times on those pants, man. :eek:

Cory, did she say he was a good dancer? Well, he's not. He stepped on my toes.

Ampastoral, emotionally I'm good, it's the freaking BURNOUT on the career that's getting me. :( But hey, I think you're right anyway.:)

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Ampastoral, emotionally I'm good, it's the freaking BURNOUT on the career that's getting me. :( But hey, I think you're right anyway.:)
awesome...hey, did you think about a teaching gig? move down here where it's sunny and teach where i work. they'll worship you and pay you more than they pay me (they LOVE nursing professors and despise us english teachers) :thumbsup:

we don't have mountains, but you can ride year round...and you'd have time off to take vacations to the mountains...

(regardless....good luck, and hey, if tom sellek is goin fer ya, it ain't all bad :wink5:

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Cory, did she say he was a good dancer? Well, he's not. He stepped on my toes.
What kind of dancing were you two doing, anyway? I notice you left that part out.

Swing? Two-step? Flamenco? Dirty? :D

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ampastoral said:
awesome...hey, did you think about a teaching gig? move down here where it's sunny and teach where i work. they'll worship you and pay you more than they pay me (they LOVE nursing professors and despise us english teachers) :thumbsup:

we don't have mountains, but you can ride year round...and you'd have time off to take vacations to the mountains...

(regardless....good luck, and hey, if tom sellek is goin fer ya, it ain't all bad :wink5:
Thanks am, but I'd be a terrible nursing instructor. Whenever I'm working with students I have a tendency to ask, "Are you really sure you know what you're getting into? There's a reason why so many RN's are fat..."

Why in the world would they hate English profs, anyway? Do you walk around in tweed and loafers and stare down your nose over the top of your wire-rimmed glasses at people?

:)

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Thanks am, but I'd be a terrible nursing instructor. Whenever I'm working with students I have a tendency to ask, "Are you really sure you know what you're getting into? There's a reason why so many RN's are fat..."

Why in the world would they hate English profs, anyway? Do you walk around in tweed and loafers and stare down your nose over the top of your wire-rimmed glasses at people?

:)
b/c most of our administrators couldn't hack it in the business world so they got super fake degrees and try to run the college like a business to progress their political aspirations....and we call them on it...so, as to your questions...yes? (i don't own any tweed or wear my glasses :p ...but i do wear my toms shoes to work...and they are sort of hipster loafers)

anyway, srsly, telling students what they are in for is an important part of teaching. certainly, you wouldn't want to give them the full on warning that i'm sure you are feeling right now, but an appropriate warning is appropriate. every mentor i had in school (especially as an undergrad, when career decisions are still easily reversible) sat me down and warned me of the state of the profession. they encouraged my aspirations but by no means wanted to delude me to think that is was an easy career (in our case, job placement for phd graduates [which i'm finally working toward] is just under 50% IIRC). it's also important to have teachers that make sure to give you the lessons that make the profession bearable. they need to hear about coping mechanisms to deal with the rigors that the job brings.

i particulary feel for your burnout. education and health care have HUGE burnout rates (though, in education, it is largely the K-12) system that gets people). i'm early in my career and already get the tinges of it, but luckily our schedule still allows for the cool down period to be able to give you best when you need to.

anyway, just a thought and an option. you'll figure something out and we will all be sure to be stoked about it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.