Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, these are going to be the last ski pics that I post, at least for this year.

I was in Colorado a couple of weeks ago and on my last day there there was a 10" storm. I figured that I would be able to end my year on a better day than that so I came home and put the skis away for the season. Here's a few pic from that day when we found fresh snow late in the afternoon.

·
Registered
635 Posts
im gonna ask....tele? 3rd one down looks like it.......
regardless, nice snow, nice form, sweek pics

its not the last day, come ski tucks in nh......snow till may

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
CC09 said:
im gonna ask....tele? 3rd one down looks like it.......
regardless, nice snow, nice form, sweek pics

its not the last day, come ski tucks in nh......snow till may
pshaw....ski mammoth til July 4th, 18' base should hold out til then..........I'm up for what will probably be the next to last of the season this weekend then hopefully one last blast in may......

nice pics....

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I've skied/boarded mammoth on july 3rd. Snow will hold out. They won't close bc of lack of snow. They have enough to last thru august. This is a year where you could ski mammoth every month of the year with a little hiking. Top of kamikaze mtn bike downhill will be in a plowed out snow tunnel.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Sigh,...haven't skied Mammoth in four years now. I've been up several times in the summer (mostly just to chill, and to ride some), but not at all in the powder. Damn.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the chorizo scramble at the Breakfast Club for me.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
sn69 said:
Sigh,...haven't skied Mammoth in four years now. I've been up several times in the summer (mostly just to chill, and to ride some), but not at all in the powder. Damn.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the chorizo scramble at the Breakfast Club for me.
mmmm, Chorizo scramble.....guaranteed to fuel you ALL day long.....

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Yes, telemark skiing is definitely where it's at. Technique-wise and just out of pure tradition, regular alpine skiing is nothing compared to the beauty of the free heel. Skiing season is pretty much over for us, did some last knee bending this past weekend in beautiful corn snow and -2C :).
Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, it's tele skiing. I haven't been on alpine skis for over 3 years.

I was actually suposed to go to tucks earlier this week but the weather didn't cooperate with our schedules, oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts