Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charismatic Megafauna
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. How many of you have ever wanted to be in a band? How many of you were actually _in_ a band? (I'm guessing at least several of the regs here...)

Anyhow, if you had to name your band based on a cycling theme, what would it be?

Some ideas:

"Sybil Twilight and the Blinkies" (for the ultra riders..)

"Strawberry Ensure Eruption" (props to Doug....)

"Pinarello Prince and the Revolution...and Revolution...and Revolution..."

and for you trance fans,

"Moment of Inertia"

Anyone?

(Oh yeah, for the definitive "naaames for bands" riff, check out Jello Biafra's spoken word stuff.)

·
100% Atkins free
34 Posts
I can think of only one: "Rush"

·
Registered
806 Posts
PseuZQ said:
So. How many of you have ever wanted to be in a band? How many of you were actually _in_ a band? (I'm guessing at least several of the regs here...)

Anyhow, if you had to name your band based on a cycling theme, what would it be?
The Lugs

Bottom Bracket

Headset (heavy metal band)

Downhill All the Way

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
well.........

Podium Girls
Bottom Bracket
Headset
Cog
Crit

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was in a band called "Major Taylor" once...

I am about as big of a soccer and hockey fan as I am a cycling fan. I have been in a band called "Five Minute Major" but there is already a mainstream band called "Five For Fighting" so that name got dropped. My current band is named after a Russian soccer team, "Dynamo Kiev."

I had a friend in a band called "Cadence" but no one in the band were cyclists.

Others of note... there is an Emo band on No Idea Records called Small Brown Bike. And I have also heard of a band called Tourmalet.

Russ

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
"brass nipples", of course

waterproof lube
spoke prep
sit bones
rpm
the cranks
square tapers
octalink
paired spokes
tubeless
46 cm
ergodrops
the hoods
total integration
the endcaps
helmet hair
farmer tan (one of the best RBR handles ever, btw)
road rash
dropouts
16 t
53/11
i could go on for days with this stuff.

yep, i was in a couple bands in the "wild years". even did some touring and sleeping in the club owner's bunk room or in the club floor after the show. for the first "band", drove the band van pulling a u-hall full of gear at 95 mph south through mississippi with the windows slightly cracked leaving a cannibus smoke trail. total cheech & chong, baby. of course i was straight. while driving. those days are long passed.

so, ultra rider AND you know who biafra is AND you've heard some of his spoken word stuff, eh? LFR may get jealous, but i'm thinking you are my long lost future ex-wife. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Could try...

Chain Drop

Maglia Rosa

Lantern Rouge

Bladed and Radial

High Flange

Fixed and Liken' It

Stem Police

AssHatchet

Froggy Speedplay SL's

Wireless Cadence

Nipple Lube

Pinched Flat

Stem Bolts and His Seatpost Collars

Uneven Crankarms

Cages, Pumps and Clamps

Flat Bar Roadies

Saddles Are For Wimps

Fork Bending Blues Brothers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bicycle, the band

Well there's <a href="http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB040402072234120976&sql=Acj9as33la3pg">this</a> band.

I've played in lots of bands for years, but none of them had a bicycle reference. One was called Car Crash, though - transportation related at least.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts