Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a balmy 55 degrees out on this late winter day. So with the glorious days coinciding with my weekend there was nothing else to do on Sunday but get some rest, ride and relaxation in. It was really good to get some fresh air in to the lungs and stretch the legs a bit. The beginning didn’t start off to good. One and a half miles from home and all of a sudden I couldn’t pedal. I tried softly a couple of times to pedal to no avail. I then switched to the small front ring and could still not pedal. I then dismounted and dropped my chain off the front and the BB was smooth as buttah. I looked closely at the back but it seems good. I tried to spin the rear hub and it was barely spinning. I bent down and wiggled the rear sprockets and they were super loose. I removed my rear wheel and hand tightened, then luckily I found a pen half buried in the sand of a driveway and used the point to stick in to the sprocket and tightened. This got me through my short ride and I was good to go. Whew. I then openend it up for a couple of miles and cruised by the mills and the Blackstone River.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Up a hill.....

Then stage left to a nice reverse S turn climb were I was jolted back to reality, letting me know that roller rides are not the same as a real road ride.. I’ve been training on the rollers and there is nothing like the feel of the rise of the road in your legs.
So off to see how weak I am. Finally I make it to the top with a nice burn in my legs and lungs and there luckily is a nice little stretch of flat on the top. Right before going down the other side I thought I had found one of the last patches of snow. It was so warm and the sun was beating down, that I decided to take a little photo break.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A nice shot in to some harsh sun light and one of the holes on the golf course that sits at the top of the hill town line and I’m off to my first descent of this side of the climb and I hit 43 without even pedaling and then braking short of the bottom before going stage left. This looks like it has some potential. Right before the 2nd and last big climb I stopped at the waterfall / lake ice out area to grab a quick shot and a little breather before the climb. It's icing out nicely. At the top of the climb I'm always greeted by these horses. Nice imagery as I ride my steel horse.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
and after all the good vibes...

and getting in to the exercise I run in to this right after. HEY WakeUp. Thanks for watching and enjoy every ride you can. Today, it snowed out 2 inches and the roads are again unrideable. (for the most part)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
This likely demonstrates that dogs are smarter than we are.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I think dogs have a powerful union. They think they're all entitled to the same treatment. Looks like my dog and yours are communicating closely on where to sleep and what position to assume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts