Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding 1000km. on my Pinarello Prince with Record UT crankset. Now there is clicking sounds from the crankset and I have detected a little lateral movement when I press on the left crankarm.
I have cleaned and regreased it and tighten the bolt at the right torque (about 43nm)
What is wrong?

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
My two guesses have already been covered above. Hope that fixes it for you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
capt_phun said:
Campy recommends you can torque that bolt up to 60Nm. That is what I needed to due to get the wave washer to properly engage the bearings & prevent lateral movement.
60 Nm? I just installed mine (Chorus level) and the manual that came with the crankset indicated that the proper torque was 42 Nm. I didn't see 60 Nm mentioned anywhere.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
kfurrow said:
60 Nm? I just installed mine (Chorus level) and the manual that came with the crankset indicated that the proper torque was 42 Nm. I didn't see 60 Nm mentioned anywhere.
Campagnolo published a correction in June '07. There were reports of fixing bolts coming loose at 42 Nm, so they upped the maximum torque to 60 Nm. Someone from Campy wrote somewhere that 70 Nm is fine too, if needed

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/7225365_warning_Ultra_Torque_0607.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.