Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that the wind is relenting construction is picking up. I'm awed at the unlikely coinciding closure of roads and crossings on my commute, plus my building's service elevator, and hoping this trend doesn't spread.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are you commuting to nyc?
I am hoping to begin commuting again from Bronx to trade center as soon as temperature is up a bit more and this relentless rain stops.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, from Cliffside Park to Teaneck. Rain or shine, but not snow. Typical commute used to look like this. One of those roads has been blocked in one direction for months; I feel badly for the affected merchants. For the heck of it they just closed it completely and it's still not open AFAIK, notwithstanding the below article. While on a figurative roll they closed one of my RR crossings for a week. I'm a little flexible on route but I honed mine based on vehicle traffic and road surface. All I want to do is get to work.

As if on cue, my building shut down the freight elevator serving my floor. I wouldn't even think of trying to shoehorn my MTB commuter onto a passenger elevator so I'm back to teeth rattling on the roadie and occasional wheel truing. That work should be finished late May.

Bogota road closed for repairs - Towns - NorthJersey.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.