Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its snowing out up here again. Nothing too major though. Guess thats good. Taxes are done and filed. Too mucky to go outside and do anything. I have no interest in going to the shop[gotta have at least one day free, right?], so cute wifey says, "Why don't we clean the bedroom and get donations ready for easter seal?"

She knew she had me trapped. FINE. I'll do it.

I've acutally found a whole slew of stuff to get rid of. Ill fitting clothes. Office garbage I'm not going to wear again. Jeans that I haven't worn in years.

And then it happens. I decide to check pockets.

In a pair of pants I haven't worn in at least a year, I find it. The mother load. We've all done it in the past. Found cash money in a pocket. $5 here, a twenty if you're lucky, and most often a single floating in the bottom of lint filled pant caves.

I found $127.

Holy chit, H$B here I come! Cute wife here's that and says, "Good luck, eh?"

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Heh, I love finds like that. A christmas or two ago I found $900 in an envelope in my closet. I had put it there because I was planning to buy something like 10 years ago and forgot about it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,916 Posts
I found 2 quarters on the bottom of the washing machine yesterday

Fuzzy....yeah WI sucks today huh?

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
nice. i just found my wallet that I lost a few months back. nothing but cancelled credit cards in it :(

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Be glad it was cash. I got out an old jacket last fall and found two outdated checks totaling $436. One was from a magazine that's gone out of business; no hope there. The other was from the State of California, which is $43 billion in the hole, laying off teachers and closing parks We filled out a request, but I'm not confident we'll go on the top of the priority list.
How the hell did I just FORGET about $436?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,916 Posts
Cory said:
Be glad it was cash. I got out an old jacket last fall and found two outdated checks totaling $436. One was from a magazine that's gone out of business; no hope there. The other was from the State of California, which is $43 billion in the hole, laying off teachers and closing parks We filled out a request, but I'm not confident we'll go on the top of the priority list.
How the hell did I just FORGET about $436?
fwiw, you can use it as loss on your taxes I bet....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts