Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm complete and total newb when it comes to any type of road/cx biking, so I'm looking for shop in the Northern Virginia/Metro area that specializes or is at least knowledgeable in cyclocross. I've recently stumbled upon the sport and it looks like a total blast. I want to play! The ability to fit me to a frame is probably more important and difficult because I'm 6'7'', thus my interest in finding a competent shop. Any recommendations on stock frames that might be able to accommodate my lankyness. The shops around me sell Surly, Specialized, Salsa, Bianchi, and a few other brands I forget. I'm trying to keep the budget around or under USD 1300. I've no problem with going used other than I have no idea what to look for frame geometry/fit wise.

Heck I dont know if I'll be able to fit on any cross bike. Are there any local frame builders you would recommend in case that happens?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Britishbane said:
Hi everyone. I'm complete and total newb when it comes to any type of road/cx biking, so I'm looking for shop in the Northern Virginia/Metro area that specializes or is at least knowledgeable in cyclocross. I've recently stumbled upon the sport and it looks like a total blast. I want to play! The ability to fit me to a frame is probably more important and difficult because I'm 6'7'', thus my interest in finding a competent shop. Any recommendations on stock frames that might be able to accommodate my lankyness. The shops around me sell Surly, Specialized, Salsa, Bianchi, and a few other brands I forget. I'm trying to keep the budget around or under USD 1300. I've no problem with going used other than I have no idea what to look for frame geometry/fit wise.

Heck I dont know if I'll be able to fit on any cross bike. Are there any local frame builders you would recommend in case that happens?

I second Proteus. In the event that you can't fit a stock bike, check out Elite Cycles in Philly. They don't have their custom 'cross bike on the site, but give them a ring.

www.elitebicycles.com

·
limit screwed
806 Posts
Talk to Taylor at the Bicycle Pro Shop in Georgetown.

(202) 337-0311

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.