1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If it's the bike you want and at a good price from the LBS, it seems like a no-brainer.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Just to be clear, that LBS is BikesDirect. Same CEO (Mike Spratt), same postal address. Interesting move by Mike. Company listings will have to change their number of employees entry from "1" to more than one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would consider BD for a titanium road, gravel, or trail bike, but their other bikes are ugly or aesthetically unpleasing to me, so I wouldn't consider them. I'm shallow that way. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it depends

depends what you need the bike for, and which model from BD
stay in shape, casual riding, not racing.
I have a CF mtb but as I moved to the city it wont be as fun on those long road.

If it's the bike you want and at a good price from the LBS, it seems like a no-brainer.
that what I though as I remember the only reason everyone don't recommend them because you cant get fitted for the bike but if the LBS is a dealer then why not.

Just to be clear, that LBS is BikesDirect. Same CEO (Mike Spratt), same postal address. Interesting move by Mike. Company listings will have to change their number of employees entry from "1" to more than one.
It seem they have more than one location here in FL.

I would consider BD for a titanium road, gravel, or trail bike, but their other bikes are ugly or aesthetically unpleasing to me, so I wouldn't consider them. I'm shallow that way. :)
I don't see them looking any different from a big name frame.

Here are the ones
Ti
Save Up To 60% Off Shimano Ultegra Road Bikes | Titanium Road Bikes | Roadbikes - Motobecane Le Champion SL Ti
CF
Save Up To 60% Off Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Road Bikes- Motobecane Sprintour
Save Up To 60% Off Ultegra 22 Speed Road Bikes- Motobecane Le Champion CF LTD Aero Carbon Road Bikes

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go for it if they have the type of bike you need. I have a Motobeacane Cafe Noir that I use for commuting and general street clothes riding and love it. The components perform flawlessly and the ride is comfortable. It came with a 48 tooth ring but I changed that to a 52 and like the change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts