Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at Classic Rendevous at the Le Cirque du Cyclisme galleries, and in particular at the 2005 gallery taken by Chris Kostman.

I'd be interested in what you all really liked and why? If you've got the energy copy over some of the appropriate snaps. Here's the link;

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Events/Cirque/Cirque_05/2005_report.htm

My favorites are as follows;

:aureola: J P Weigle TT - Because I used to do a heap of TT's and lusted after a C Record equiped 'funnybike'. You'll see from last weeks post I had one build by Roberts and am reliving that particular dream having found one on e-bay.

:p Brian Bayliss - Because I always like Bianchi's Celeste paint scheme, but this is a really inventive angle on that. A bit OTT really, but I still like it, albeit a bit garish!

:D Hetchins Hellenic - Because Hetchins are a big part of English cycling history and are just so 'different'. Especially this Hellenic that doesn't have the familiar curly stays, and because I own one of their more modern incarnations.

There are also some great pix of a Raleigh I love, and loads loads more - but these are my favourites.............Roll on this years pix!

Over to you.

Danny Boy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
2006 Cirque ended yesterday...

I'm sure Dale will have the pics on the site soon. All of you folks that are able should try to attend next year, a great 3 day event, with the most beautiful bikes you will ever see. The turnout for the Classic Rendezvous ride on Sat. morning was huge, these old bikes are not just showpieces, it's great to see them ridden. There are usually several big name framebuilders in attendance, they are all very nice people, you can visit with them, and maybe start planning a dream build for yourself. I loaned my pump to a very nice gentleman named Richard before the Sat. ride (Richard Sachs). Be sure to put this event on your calendar next year, you will not regret it. You may want to stay longer than just the weekend, Greensboro has one of the most active cycling communities in the country (group rides every day of the week except Friday), and the folks in the Greensboro Velo Club are the nicest people you will ever ride with.
Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.