Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Incredibly slow
581 Posts
Now explain to us in detail exactly why full monocoque is better (because you think so isn't a reason). Then tell us exactly which frames are "full" monocoque. There are a number where the front quadrilateral is monocoque, but I'd really like you to tell us which bikes are "full" monocoque.

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
You know better than to ask him for facts...............Collectorvelo invented the vague reply. Besides his favorite online retailer doesn't sell a lugged carbon frame.

As for the Leader, I've never seen the carbon frame but I recently built up a Leader mountain bike for a neighbor. I was very impressed with the quality of the frame..

·
eminence grease
18,559 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
You know better than to ask him for facts...............Collectorvelo invented the vague reply. Besides his favorite online retailer doesn't sell a lugged carbon frame.

As for the Leader, I've never seen the carbon frame but I recently built up a Leader mountain bike for a neighbor. I was very impressed with the quality of the frame..
C'mon Dave, we both know that monocoque is vastly superior. It goes without saying.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dave, Dave !

Dave, I thought you liked my Aegis!

$600 ? that is probably a 400% profit. Clarence at Mad Duck Adventure Sports said that he was offered full carbon frames with his logo for $150 each quantity 100. He also said that most of the carbon frames from the smaller builders are that same $150 frame.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I'm tempted to get one. Never had a CF bike before. Don't want to spend all that money on something that could potentially be damaged by just falling over.

None of the people I ride with would even know that Leader was a "budget" frame. All they'd see is "carbon fiber!"

G

·
Of course even cheaper than the $150 dollar CF frame is the one that builds up into about a 23 pound CF bike.

One layer of CF wrapped around fiberglass tubes, looks like CF for the muppets, sure doesn't weigh like it.

Courtesy of certain plants in points west ( way west) of LA and Vancouver.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Of course even cheaper than the $150 dollar CF frame is the one that builds up into about a 23 pound CF bike.

One layer of CF wrapped around fiberglass tubes, looks like CF for the muppets, sure doesn't weigh like it.

Courtesy of certain plants in points west ( way west) of LA and Vancouver.
Well that wouldn't be good if it was heavier than my steel Colnagos :D

·
The Gimlet Eye
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, I remember Pedal Force. Not bad looking. And 2.6 lbs for a 55cm isn't bad at all.
Now I gotta find a way to crack my frame to justify the replacement with the wifey!

ah, here's another from Chuck's bikes...$595

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I'm tempted to get one. Never had a CF bike before. Don't want to spend all that money on something that could potentially be damaged by just falling over.

None of the people I ride with would even know that Leader was a "budget" frame. All they'd see is "carbon fiber!"

I just posted the link on the weighweenies forum-- those guys will probably be able to tell who is making it for them and even more importantly, which big names are using the same frame (if any) w/ their own paint/decals and marking up the price 1000%.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.