Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine 3 months ago

I am totaly amazed with this bike. I was leary at first, buying a $2000 bike without riding one first, so I went to their location in the SF Bay Area, met with the owner of the company. I called ahead and spec'ed the bike so they would have it ready foe me to ride. Ordered the L1 frame in Red to gold fade, pic is on their website in gallery. Went for a 20 mile ride with another local Leopard bike owner. Ride was very smooth and what I really liked was the way it handles on the decents. very quick thriugh the turns. You can tell how well it corners just riding cricles and eights in a parking lot! Got it with the compact cranks and 105 group for $2000 and no tax. Can't beat the 30 day money back offer, I thought of that like maybe have a free bike for a month and return it, but I couldnt give it up! The paint is done in Santa Cruz CA, at the same shop that paints Calfee carbon frames. Frame is made in Taiwan at same factory as Giant and cranks stems are made by FSA with Leopard brand on them. Total weight was 16lbs even, no pedals. I did th upgrade to the Velomax AcentII wheels for $200. These wheels sell for retail 650 - 750 dollers. The 105 group seemd to be the best deal, Ultrgra was $500 more, but the upgrade was only shifters, brakes and deraileurs. I am very pleased with the bike and would reccomend them. I get lots of compliments on the rides, and questions too.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Frame is made by Trigon out of Taiwan. Cranks are made by Gigantex (who manufactures the FSA cranks).

·
Registered
9 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Frame is made by Trigon out of Taiwan. Cranks are made by Gigantex (who manufactures the FSA cranks).
Yes, the frame is made by Trigon, is this a bad thing? The bike rides great and stable on decents. It would climb faster if I weighed less. Lots of carbon seems to be coming out of Taiwan these days, as are a lot of non Shimano - Campy componants. I started riding when everything was Euro steel and campy record with Italian tubulars. Is this a bad thing? or just the changing times? The Leopard seemed like the best price to value ratio out of all the bikes I looked at.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Iwas simply making a statement, not evaluating the merits of Taiwanese bikes. Personally, I think Taiwanese-made bikes are as good or better than any of the othe carbon bikes out there.

My Kuota is made in Taiwan, as are probably my 2 Fondriests.

By the way, here is another Trigon frame, labeled as Prorace. Nice deal too.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=J1035

1 - 5 of 5 Posts