Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever ride to work after a long difficult week and get told you can leave at lunch time because everyone worked so hard and did such a great job that week?

It just happened to me. Usually I work until 3:30, so my recovery time will be short today. It is a nice day and I'm glad I rode, so now I guess I need to decide if I'll extend my ride home slightly. I was thinking of grabbing some food in DC and sitting outside by a monument while I eat or maybe stopping by some bicycle shops to drool at the merchandise.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably go straight home. Either way, it has been a good day so far. Have a great weekend, everyone.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
nate said:
Do you ever ride to work after a long difficult week and get told you can leave at lunch time because everyone worked so hard and did such a great job that week?

It just happened to me. Usually I work until 3:30, so my recovery time will be short today. It is a nice day and I'm glad I rode, so now I guess I need to decide if I'll extend my ride home slightly. I was thinking of grabbing some food in DC and sitting outside by a monument while I eat or maybe stopping by some bicycle shops to drool at the merchandise.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably go straight home. Either way, it has been a good day so far. Have a great weekend, everyone.
No that's fantastic! Enjoy your day, and what a day to have it happen the weather is beautiful.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Sometime, when it's slow

When we're slow and it's nice out I've been known to (cough cough) to use a little sick time and go home. Go home and go bike riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Just happened to me today. We got off 2 1/2 hours early. It's a great day. Cloudy & windy, but temps in the low 50's. I took the long, long way home.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
It is about 1:20 pm here in Hawaii and my stuff is still wet from riding in the rain this morning. Going home early might give me a rash.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If it was MB1 and Miss M getting off early they'd have 100 miles in before arriving at home. It was a great day to have this happen. I hope you did get to cruise a bit. We've got a nursing unit opening up Monday morning, so I was lucky to get away while it was still light today. It still was a fantastic ride home. Where's winter?

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KWL said:
If it was MB1 and Miss M getting off early they'd have 100 miles in before arriving at home. It was a great day to have this happen. I hope you did get to cruise a bit. We've got a nursing unit opening up Monday morning, so I was lucky to get away while it was still light today. It still was a fantastic ride home. Where's winter?
Well, I rode 56 miles just like any other day I ride to work, so I did ok today. I ended up going to lunch with a coworker and then relaxing for a bit to digest, so I didn't actually get on the bicycle very early.

Where is winter, indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts