Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a group ride out on the Leeward Coast of Oahu. We did a 24 mile ride to next weeks time trial course, did a quick 11 mile TT, and rode the 24 miles back. The weather was a little overcast but it didn't rain. I took some shots at a beach park on the North side of Makaha next to Yokohama Bay. The wind was pretty dead today and the surf was flat. Next week when we race, I am sure the wind will be whipping up providing an opportunity for some great training. As you might notice in the photos, I ride on a local team, full of locals.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I want more pix.

bigbill said:
I did a group ride out on the Leeward Coast of Oahu. We did a 24 mile ride to next weeks time trial course, did a quick 11 mile TT, and rode the 24 miles back. The weather was a little overcast but it didn't rain. I took some shots at a beach park on the North side of Makaha next to Yokohama Bay. The wind was pretty dead today and the surf was flat. Next week when we race, I am sure the wind will be whipping up providing an opportunity for some great training. As you might notice in the photos, I ride on a local team, full of locals.
But I want nothing to do with the Makaha TT. I always sucked (nothing like being passssssssed a few times in a 10 mile TT). :(

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Armwarmers? Was it actually cool enough for them? I've only been to the islands a couple of times and except on Halakala (I KNOW I spelled this one wrong) in Maui I never encountered cool enough weather for them. Other than that, I agree with MB, more photos!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ridgetop said:
Armwarmers? Was it actually cool enough for them? I've only been to the islands a couple of times and except on Halakala (I KNOW I spelled this one wrong) in Maui I never encountered cool enough weather for them. Other than that, I agree with MB, more photos!
It was in the low 70's that morning. I haven't been here long enough to get cold. During the tt I was dripping onto my bike so I was plenty warm. I haven't posted much lately, need to regain my motivation. BB

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree...more pics.

As you might notice in the photos, I ride on a local team, full of locals.[/QUOTE]

From the pictures, your team looks mostly haole. Even the couple of guys that look local are questionable since they are wearing sandals that aren't the $1.29 cheap rubber slippers from Long's. You can tell the guy carrying the garbage is local though.

Keep the pics coming. I especially like the "only in Hawaii" types.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this make everyone feel better?

I got soaked on my commute home today. The skies opened up and within one block there was two inches of standing water on the MUT near the house. I hate to think what the MUT near the stream will look like in the morning. Might have another "fish" encounter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts