Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really commuting or touring, but here are some shots from todays time trial out in Makaha on the Northwest corner of Oahu. It was raining most of the time, but the scenery was nice. Would have been prettier if I could uncross my eyes long enough to take a look. Nice shots of the beach and Waianae Mountains. I also included a picture of the fastest bike on the island. It was once 1 second faster than MB1.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Man, you really know how to hurt a guy.

bigbill said:
Not really commuting or touring, but here are some shots from todays time trial out in Makaha on the Northwest corner of Oahu. It was raining most of the time, but the scenery was nice. Would have been prettier if I could uncross my eyes long enough to take a look. Nice shots of the beach and Waianae Mountains. I also included a picture of the fastest bike on the island. It was once 1 second faster than MB1.
RB started 1 minute behind me. Which resulted in me holding the course record for 59 seconds. :(

Those were the days. :cool:

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MB1 said:
RB started 1 minute behind me. Which resulted in me holding the course record for 59 seconds. :(

Those were the days. :cool:
I talked to him for a few minutes today and told him about this forum. He knows to look for MB1 now. I have a full shot of him with his bike but I don't want to post it. I could send it if you wanted it. He pretty much crushed everyone today. The results were not posted when I left, I didn't see the point of standing around in the rain waiting to see if I was 19th or 20th. Castle-Haunama is next Sunday.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I very much want it.

bigbill said:
I talked to him for a few minutes today and told him about this forum. He knows to look for MB1 now. I have a full shot of him with his bike but I don't want to post it. I could send it if you wanted it. He pretty much crushed everyone today. The results were not posted when I left, I didn't see the point of standing around in the rain waiting to see if I was 19th or 20th. Castle-Haunama is next Sunday.
I would also like to see a whole bunch of photos of the Castle Hospital-Haunauma Bay Time Trial (I am amazed that after all this time folks are still running that thing;I took a whole ton of grief when I first set up and promoted that route all those years ago).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice!

Nice trucker mudflap girl socks! I love them. What is with that righthand crankarm? I have never seen one like that before. What is it?
MN Dan

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
MN Dan said:
Nice trucker mudflap girl socks! I love them. What is with that righthand crankarm? I have never seen one like that before. What is it?
MN Dan
Those are rotor cranks. The pedal's are what are now sold as M2racer pedals.

The cranks supposedly allot for you to put out more power by smoothing out the stroke, as the crank goes around, the rotorcranks move. Much like biopace was supposed to do. The effectiveness is of course up for debate.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FTF said:
Those are rotor cranks. The pedal's are what are now sold as M2racer pedals.

The cranks supposedly allot for you to put out more power by smoothing out the stroke, as the crank goes around, the rotorcranks move. Much like biopace was supposed to do. The effectiveness is of course up for debate.
The guy who rides that bike could wear a different state championship jersey everyday for two weeks. They work for him. Ask MB1. Sorry.

I do think that he only has them on his tt bike.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
bigbill said:
The guy who rides that bike could wear a different state championship jersey everyday for two weeks. They work for him. Ask MB1. Sorry.

I do think that he only has them on his tt bike.
It's not insulting to say that he's not winning because of the cranks, that he's winning because he is better.... Personally I'd find it more insulting to attribute some win because of some piece of equipment, wouldn't you?

And I never said that, I just said that the effectiveness is up for debate, I never said what I thought about them. Personally, I don't think ANYTHING about them, good, bad, indifferent, I just didn't want someone breathing down my throat about how I was stating BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whatever.

And finally, I don't care if he could be wearing a different state championship jersey everyday, that has nothing to do with the cranks, OR their effectiveness, that has to do with, A. his training, B. how good he is on a bike, handling etc, and a distant, distant C. what parents he has. What cranks he has on his bike has NOTHING to do with that, nothing. See my first statement for my thinking on that matter. He would have won that race if he were riding a bike 2 sizes too small, from what it sounds like.

Seriously, chill out, not everything is some personal insult, I was merely stating what I knew about them, and TRYING to fend off BS remarks ahead of time.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
snapdragen said:
A little high strung today ftf?
It's been one of those days. Hell it's been one of those weeks, and it hasn't even started yet.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
FTF said:
It's not insulting to say that he's not winning because of the cranks, that he's winning because he is better.... Personally I'd find it more insulting to attribute some win because of some piece of equipment, wouldn't you?
A little high strung today ftf?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FTF said:

And I never said that, I just said that the effectiveness is up for debate, I never said what I thought about them. Personally, I don't think ANYTHING about them, good, bad, indifferent, I just didn't want someone breathing down my throat about how I was stating BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whatever.

And finally, I don't care if he could be wearing a different state championship jersey everyday, that has nothing to do with the cranks, OR their effectiveness, that has to do with, A. his training, B. how good he is on a bike, handling etc, and a distant, distant C. what parents he has. What cranks he has on his bike has NOTHING to do with that, nothing. See my first statement for my thinking on that matter. He would have won that race if he were riding a bike 2 sizes too small, from what it sounds like.

Seriously, chill out, not everything is some personal insult, I was merely stating what I knew about them, and TRYING to fend off BS remarks ahead of time.
Please don't do this on this forum. Everything is not a personal attack on you. The guy in the picture is a cycling legend out here. If he thinks that the cranks help him, I am not going to question him.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
He built that frame didn't he?

bigbill said:
Please don't do this on this forum. Everything is not a personal attack on you. The guy in the picture is a cycling legend out here. If he thinks that the cranks help him, I am not going to question him.
The kid is a cycling stud big time. (I can get away with calling him a kid since I knew him when he was).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts