Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a ton of trouble adjusting the front der. 03 Chorus. I took apart the ergo, cleaned and reassembled. My question is, the coil spring hooks on to the ergo body, and the center spindle. When I shift using the lever, after about 6 shifts, the coil spring comes off the ergo body, then if I shift back using the thumb button, the spring returns to the ergo body. I'm guessing this is not normal, but in trying to wind the coil spring so it doesn't do this, I end up with the spring to tight. What is the correct winding of the coil spring for the left lever?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Divve -

Thanks for replying, you helped me out a lot with my right ergo rebuild. I actually rode with it last night, and it felt pretty good, but I am going to try again tonight with your suggestion. I don't know why the coil springs cause me so much difficulty, seems pretty simple. I've never had Campagnolo components before.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.