Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finished our load early, and it's sunny and 75. I couldn't stay any longer. I'm sitting on the balcony with a bottle of Australian Shiraz/Petit Sirah. All posts must include the obligatory toes pic, even if the toes are ugly and disfigured. The neighbors' goats are frolicking and the hills are happily grazing on the green hills in the distance. It was hard to find a cloud today. It's a good day to be alive.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
i decided school was over early today. logic was making my head spin and i had to make an executive descision.

where are you at again? my parents have decided that they hate la and want to move up the coast a ways. being the perpetual moocher i am, it looks like its transfer time.

ps. have you been seeing a whole bunch of crazy airplanes in the sky at like 3-4ish?

pps. our neighbors have goats, but they eat them

ppps. birkenstocks? what are you some kind of hippy? im suprised your not wearing socks with them

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yarble said:
i decided school was over early today. logic was making my head spin and i had to make an executive descision.

where are you at again? my parents have decided that they hate la and want to move up the coast a ways. being the perpetual moocher i am, it looks like its transfer time.

ps. have you been seeing a whole bunch of crazy airplanes in the sky at like 3-4ish?

pps. our neighbors have goats, but they eat them

ppps. birkenstocks? what are you some kind of hippy? im suprised your not wearing socks with them
We're in Paso Robles. I'd tell you to move up here, but a guy your size and with your musical taste wouldn't last. A guy's gotta weigh at least 175 and listen to a lot of country to stand a chance in these parts.

Affirmative on the airplanes: contrails everywhere all the time. I figger it's Camp Roberts. Our friend SN might be able to provide some insight.

I'd love to wrangle a couple of my neighbors' goats and make a big batch of birria.

Not a hippie, just like comfy shoes. It was too warm for socks when I got home. Not any more.

I'm back to the patio before the sun goes down.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
yarble said:
not to mention using one of those funky Reidel O glasses--I like the idea, but doesn't the stem serve some purpose? Suppose they don't tip over near as easy.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
mickey-mac said:
We're in Paso Robles. I'd tell you to move up here, but a guy your size and with your musical taste wouldn't last. A guy's gotta weigh at least 175 and listen to a lot of country to stand a chance in these parts.

Affirmative on the airplanes: contrails everywhere all the time. I figger it's Camp Roberts. Our friend SN might be able to provide some insight.

I'd love to wrangle a couple of my neighbors' goats and make a big batch of birria.

Not a hippie, just like comfy shoes. It was too warm for socks when I got home. Not any more.

I'm back to the patio before the sun goes down.
add to that the fact that i dont eat meat and it sounds like a bad combination. i do like johnny cash though (who doesnt?)

my vote was for san louis obispo, which is one of my fav. places in california. plus they have csu i could easily transfer to.

i really wanna know what all the airplanes are about. so someone who knows, pleaseeee tell me.

dude, dont goats sound like babies crying? when my neighbors decided they were gonna eat one of their goats we were running up and down the street to find the screaming baby.

ps. i bet you wear ugg boots and shorts too

edit: i like your neighbors super gaudy pedestals around the pool

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yarble said:
i really wanna know what all the airplanes are about. so someone who knows, pleaseeee tell me.

dude, dont goats sound like babies crying? when my neighbors decided they were gonna eat one of their goats we were running up and down the street to find the screaming baby.

ps. i bet you wear ugg boots and shorts too

edit: i like your neighbors super gaudy pedestals around the pool
About five minutes after we talked about planes, I got one.

The goats aren't nearly as bad as the peacocks. Those things are the worst in mating season.

I don't have uggs. Should I get some?

The pedestals add a nice flair when my neighbor is out sunning himself in his purple banana-hammock.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The glasses are good, especially for solo lounging. They don't tip and they fit in the dishwasher.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
mickey-mac said:
About five minutes after we talked about planes, I got one.

The goats aren't nearly as bad as the peacocks. Those things are the worst in mating season.

I don't have uggs. Should I get some?

The pedestals add a nice flair when my neighbor is out sunning himself in his purple banana-hammock.
peacocks make that horrible kee-ooh kee-ooh noise. some crazy woman a couple blocks away has a peacock farm(?) and they run around in the street and always want to make all sorts of noise at like 5am. theyre like feral peacocks.

seeing those pedestals im expecting emperor nero to come out in his toga and make a formal decree or something.

if you get uggs, never wear them out of the house

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Can..

mickey-mac said:
The glasses are good, especially for solo lounging. They don't tip and they fit in the dishwasher.

you hunt the goats?.....they might be good if they're young...I shot a fawn two years ago, mom moved, and despite my initial disappointment at killing something so young, I decided to clean it, and MMMMMM, was it good....I've actually had to use restraint now when hunting if I see a fawn. Oh well, no hunting now, although turkey season is coming up soon. Any trout streams around you?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
physasst said:
you hunt the goats?.....they might be good if they're young...I shot a fawn two years ago, mom moved, and despite my initial disappointment at killing something so young, I decided to clean it, and MMMMMM, was it good....I've actually had to use restraint now when hunting if I see a fawn. Oh well, no hunting now, although turkey season is coming up soon. Any trout streams around you?
I don't own any firearms, so I'd have to get one or go mano a mano with one of the goats. Either that or throw some big rocks at 'em until I drop one. I don't know about any trout streams in these parts. Most rivers and streams around here are seasonal. Deer and wild turkey are everywhere around here, so I'm sure there are places to kill them.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
You're right under

a confluence of coastal airways (think highways in the sky). Planes moving north and south either traverse your corridor or along the spine of the Sierras, depending on their eventual locations. You're actually close to the start of the Standard Terminal Arrivals corridors into the SF Bay area.

That said, I always leave the cockpit to take a leak when I'm over PR. Beware blue ice falling from the sky. That would be me saying hello.

OBTW, goats iz good eating.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I've been dying for some merlot but I'm staying with my gramma for a bit. She doesn't drink and isn't comfortable with it, so I haven't bought any. I was so close to buying some yellow tail, but it's no fun to have to drink it somewhere else and then come home. The best time is right before bed. One glass makes me a little warm and sleepy.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
mickey-mac said:
It's a good day to be alive.
Looks like a great day in Paso.

It was nice weather here, too.

I didn't get to enjoy it quite as much. I ended up having some frustrating events come down the line work-wise. After work was more work stuff. I did have a short break, then went to visit an old friend (he's 90) that fell in the bathroom and is in a hospice just out of the hospital. He was a little better today, but it's really hard to see someone go downhill so quickly.

One of those days I really felt like riding off into the sunset for a month or two.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Mmmmm...

sn69 said:
OBTW, goats iz good eating.
You aren't kidding! Curried goat with rice and peas and some fried plantain on the side.
*wipes drool*

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Dude--wottinell is that stuff on yer legs? I'da swore I was the only one around here who doesn't shave....

Surprised you didn't get laughed outta **** when you were down there.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
The Walrus said:
Dude--wottinell is that stuff on yer legs? I'da swore I was the only one around here who doesn't shave....

Surprised you didn't get laughed outta **** when you were down there.
I stopped shaving this winter after having shaved for years. Just got lazy I guess. I have to say that I don't remember my legs being this hairy before, but I'm sure they were. It looks disgusting and as soon as shorts weather comes around the hair is coming off again.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
left work early and called me to rub it in, ya moreon.

so i figured i'd call you later from the gentleman's club.

fwiw, between your call to me and my call to you, we stopped at hooter's.

neither the waitress or bartender knew how to make a black and tan, although it was listed right there on the beer menu.

i ordered steamed oysters on the halfshell and got...

wait for it...

river mussels in full shell, and a shucker, in a large pail. :rolleyes:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I'm sure you went to Hooters for the quality of the food. :rolleyes:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
I'm sure you went to Hooters for the quality of the food. :rolleyes:
actually we went because it was across the street from the strip joint.

and the food was below acceptable.

:rolleyes:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
But how were the hooters? Everyone knows that's the important part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts