Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mostly Absent
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what might be causing my left wrist to hurt? It's at the base of the wrist, on the outside (pinky finger side). I try not to give the bars a death grip and I switch hand positions to the drops and the tops when I can. I'm right handed, if that means anything - meaning, I don't use the left wrist a lot so it could be general soreness from increased use.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does your pinky get numb or tingly?

Kennedy said:
Does anyone know what might be causing my left wrist to hurt? It's at the base of the wrist, on the outside (pinky finger side)
If you have numbness or a "pins and needles" type sensation in your pinky it could be ulnar nerve related. There are a number of causes and treatments, just search "ulnar nerve wrist pain" and you'll find them. I wouldn't do it if you might have a latent hypochonriac condition or you'll find way too many things wrong.

Good luck.

·
Mostly Absent
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reference. Found a few sites. I didn't know that I was a diabetic alcoholic with hypothyroidism!!! :p

And yes, that sounds like what it MIGHT be. My pinky is sometimes numb, especailly after I use the keyboard all day. And no, this really wasn't a problem until I started cycling a few weeks ago.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
Stretching your forearm, etc., may provide some relief. A good friend of mine found stretching provided great relief from wrist pain brought on by some kind of nerve condition.

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to the stretch you should do, but there are a number of good stretching books on the market that could probably direct you down the right path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.