Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CO RBR ride never happened. Rather than trying to organize another ride, I'll just post up that BJII and I are planning on riding up Lefthand on July 5th. This isn't final yet but we're planning on doing this ride on this day. If anyone else would like to join us, I'll post more details as the day arrives.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to the forum and to biking... will you be riding to Ward or Jamestown? Will you ride up and down or make a loop somehow?

I finally rode up Lefthand Canyon to Jamestown and really loved the ride - it was beautiful!

· Call me a Fred
17,026 Posts
Out of shape.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Fitwolf said:
I'm new to the forum and to biking... will you be riding to Ward or Jamestown? Will you ride up and down or make a loop somehow?

I finally rode up Lefthand Canyon to Jamestown and really loved the ride - it was beautiful!
Dunno, but probably Ward. Haven't been up there this year yet. Could do Super Jamestown to Peak to Peak also, but that's a pretty steep climb once you pass Jamestown.

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The more climbing, the better for me. I need to get in shape for the Mt Evans HC.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Bulldozer said:
The more climbing, the better for me. I need to get in shape for the Mt Evans HC.
You're probably gonna kill me in the climb. Since I didn't do Ride the Rockies this year I haven't been riding near as much as I did last year.

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
divest said:
I'm in...I always have Mondays off. Let me know what time and I can meet you anywhere in Boulder or at 36 and lefthand.
I'll let BJII decide where to meet. I'd like to start before lunch but not too early. I have to drive up from Highlands Ranch.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Bulldozer said:
I'll let BJII decide where to meet. I'd like to start before lunch but not too early. I have to drive up from Highlands Ranch.
Whattya think..10am or so? A logical start spot is the Bustop--plenty of parking.

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Whattya think..10am or so? A logical start spot is the Bustop--plenty of parking.
I could go as early as 9am.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Bulldozer said:
I could go as early as 9am.
9 works for me also...wasn't sure how early you wanted to get up that morning.

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bustop
9am
Monday, July 5th

Open invitation to anyone that wants to show up.

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
I rode LHC this last Saturday. I'm old fat and slow. 2:06 from the Greenbriar to Peak to Peak at Ward.

I'm not sure what the weekend plans are. I need to check with my events coordiantor. I"m sure she has something planned. Usually I end up starting between 6 and 6:30, so if I go, look for a lounge Jersey on the way down when you are on the way up.

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Bulldozer said:
You'll be the guy fixing a flat? :D
Most likely.

My wife and I went for a tandem ride up in Estes over Fathers day. We were heading from the North Entrance of RMNP back down to town doing about 35mph. The steering got loose.... front flat tire. That was a bit scary.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
I'm preparing for the ride this week by eating and drinking too much and lounging in a boat. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.