Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely overhauling my Cannondale Jekyll and have reached the integrated headset that goes with the lefty fork (the bearings feel pretty sticky). The fork is off but I haven't yet figured out how to tackle the headset. The tech documents at the Cannondale site haven't been much help. Does anyone know how to overhaul this headset or where I can find the info? Will I need special tools etc? I know how to overhaul a traditional (threaded or non-threaded) headset but this appears to be fairly different beast.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh yeah, if you want to rebuild the bearings, you need to pry off the seals with something pointy and just clean them out/grease them. You cannot get the actual bearings out of the cartridge though. Have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Replace the bearings

All you need to do is replace the bearings. They are sealed cartridge-type and there is one on the top and one on the bottom. You can get them out with a hammer and a punch pretty easily (carefully!). Your local cannondale place should have them. I think they are about $30 or so for a set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts