Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been having seat issues since getting my new ride in march.

i have established that my current seat is the fizik Aliante is not the right for my rear.
But in trying new saddles i have had a reoccuring issue with my left leg the seat seems to cut into the top of my hamstring where it joins my rear. especially when climbing

Now this issue has only risen after having my new ride properly fitted, after years of riding in the wrong position on my old ride.
It has been suggested from my LBS that my left leg may be shorter than the right

So my question is How do i find out??? I know i am not the only one with this issue but what is the best way to find out??

Twiggy

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm surprised no one has answered this. I've been told several times, by doctors and PTs alike, that the only *accurate* way to measure leg length is by x-ray.

Still, a competent sports med doctor, PT or bike fitter should be able to make an approximate measurement of your leg length discrepancy (LLD).

·
Registered
989 Posts
Drop your saddle a few mm and that should do it. I leveled my Aliante 3" from the rear edge of the saddle. Not the V, but all the way back to the edge. I don't know if that will work for you, but it may be worth a try.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
A quick way to measure entire Leg is to stand with feet 12"apart and have someone feel your iliac crest/pelvis and see if level.
For thighs/femur, lie on a hard surface with heels close to butt and place a level across knees to see if one is higher/longer.
If you need precise info a Scanogram of legs is a precise way to measure.
If you feel tilted when standing, you can place thin pieces of wood under short side untl pelvis is level.

john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts