Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm organizing the racing club trip down to Austin this weekend, and my buddy and his wife can't make it so I've volunteered to take their boy, age 13, who's a good kid and a junior racer.

So:

Med / ER people - I need some sort of release / authorization in case he gets hurt, right? What do I need? I'll have a copy of his insurance card.

Law types: same question.

thanks
Creaky.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
TheDon said:
hospitals are for sissy, bring a flask of whiskey, some thread, a needle, and a bone saw.
"rub some dirt on it, boy! Chicks dig scars! You do like chicks, right?? Work with me here, I only got this one weekend to turn you into a man!"

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I would recommend printing a medical release form off of the internet and have your friends fill it out and have it notarized.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
Take out the middle sentence and it has a whole new meaning..

JustTooBig said:
"rub some dirt on it, boy! Work with me here, I only got this one weekend to turn you into a man!"

You like gladiator movies boy?:p

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
If he gets hurt, just dump him at the hospital ER and take off. No use getting sucked into a lot of paperwork and uncomfortable questions. Medical personnel recommend that if you are going to do this, and he can't talk, pin his name and a contact number to his clothes. And mark whichever limb is damaged with an 'X' so they don't amputate the wrong one.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I'm organizing the racing club trip down to Austin this weekend, and my buddy and his wife can't make it so I've volunteered to take their boy, age 13, who's a good kid and a junior racer.

So:

Med / ER people - I need some sort of release / authorization in case he gets hurt, right? What do I need? I'll have a copy of his insurance card.

Law types: same question.

thanks
Creaky.
Health Care Proxy. Differs from state to state, but some sort of statement/release from his parents that you are authorized to act on his behalf, receive confidential medical information, and make medical decisions.

Copy of medical card works too. Just be aware, no matter what you do, it is up to the treating party to accept it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts