Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quiet spring from one of cycling's most soft spoken and adaptable GC riders and now the Dauphine victory.

A storming early season from the no-nonsense guy with weird aero position and weirder glasses.

Who wins in July?

·
Banned
42 Posts
Mayo will be good for a stage or two and then will crack. I think Floyd will pull a higher GC then Levi. I think Floyd will have the edge in the mtns and has a more aggressive approach. Remember the last stage of last's year Tour, Vino single handedly beat Levi's whole team into the ground. Don't get me wrong, Levi will be a top 10 finisher, but not a podium.

On another note, names like Levi and Floyd sound like nascar drivers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Levi takes Landis in the mtns.

Landis will get the edge in the TTs. He'll put more training effort into the TT b/c that's where he'll gain time on his rivals.

I think one of them will get a top 5, flip of the coin.

·
Registered
960 Posts
But what about....

I think it's probably gonna come down to each respective teams over the 3 weeks.
Gerolstiener was been showing fairly strong in both the Dauphine and the Tour de Suisse.
SO far...

Phonak has guys who are currently being thrown into the whole Liberty Seguros doping scandal...

I'm just saying... That may make a difference...
But when it comes right down to it... neither one will be able to catch Basso.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
Mayo

guy shows good at the dauphine and he's already a top 5 contender?
How's his TTing? His team? Can E.E. do the work needed? Can he maintain for 3 weeks?
will he melt down (again) from all the expectations?

way too many questions still to give him that kind of cred as of yet. I like him but he needs to prove himself fully before I'll give him more expectations than a nice win in the Pyr.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I like Mayo and wish him the best, however both Floyd and Levi will finish ahead of him. Unfortunately Mayo has never been a TTer, and there is plenty of that this year.

It appears that Leipheimer has a slight advantage if he climbs like he just did. Both riders will be between 4th and 10th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.