Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very cool indeed. Landshark makes excellent bikes. Sniffing around his website I noticed that he's doing his own internal lugged carbon fiber frames now, very interesting setup.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gonna piss off the sponosrs

I hope Specialized is on board cause I think they would be pretty upset otherwise -pay
the team to ride the bikes and then have them train on something else...

TakmanJapan

Landsharks have always been nice bikes though -nice paint and is rumored that Andy Hampsten's Giro 88 bike was a re-badged Landhsark.

·
BrooklynVelo
1,426 Posts
Is it just me or is that simply the most understated paint that John has ever put on a bike. I always thought that part of the fun of owning a Landshark would be to revel in John's amazing paint skills.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
It's a FACT

....as told to me by Hampsten. However, it may have been for one stage or several...I don't recall exactly but he did ride a Landshark.
takmanjapan said:
I hope Specialized is on board cause I think they would be pretty upset otherwise -pay

TakmanJapan

Landsharks have always been nice bikes though -nice paint and is rumored that Andy Hampsten's Giro 88 bike was a re-badged Landhsark.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it's a big issue

takmanjapan said:

TakmanJapan

I don't think it's really an issue. If Levi uses it for rainy training rides, and feels like he's safer on it, I think Specialized would be all for it. It's better to have a healthy, injury-free Levi kicking butt in July than one with a broken collarbone. Plus Levi is saving his cool specialized for races and nice days :) No need to muck up a fancy carbon bike in soggy weather.

Sharkies are nice! I've seen paint jobs going from mild to crazy on landsharks. Levi probably didn't want to attract too much attention with a purple bike with flames.

Coot!

·
Registered
187 Posts
daneil said:
Is it just me or is that simply the most understated paint that John has ever put on a bike. I always thought that part of the fun of owning a Landshark would be to revel in John's amazing paint skills.
Agree, most are pretty wild. But I've seem a few understated landshark paintjobs, including a teammate with a plain black shark. John has been building for over 20 years or something now, so it's not just the paintjob that makes his bikes cool. But I have one and I might be a bit biased...

Regarding Levi vs. the sponsors, I think he's supposed to RACE his Specialized but he can probably train on whatever as long as there's not a photo shoot involved. I'd also guess that it's not an issue since specialized doesn't build anything quite like that.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I highly doubt he rides this bike in the off season. Specialized would for sure require that he have it badged as one even if it was not. Nice try but hard to believe. Multi Million dollars in sponsorship will not end in riding anything but the sponsors logos...

·
Registered
187 Posts
g-Bike said:
I highly doubt he rides this bike in the off season. Specialized would for sure require that he have it badged as one even if it was not. Nice try but hard to believe. Multi Million dollars in sponsorship will not end in riding anything but the sponsors logos...
That's interesting, and you really sound like you know a lot about pro level sponsorship.

Wonder why he got that bike built recently then, with his name on it and everything?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Maybe there are two Levi Leipheimers. And maybe the one who ordered the Landshark is an insurance salesman who likes to go out on weekend rides.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fivethumbs said:
Maybe there are two Levi Leipheimers. And maybe the one who ordered the Landshark is an insurance salesman who likes to go out on weekend rides.
LOL, nice one.

Call Land Shark and ask him. It's Levi's bike.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
what size is that frame? looks like a 52cm, how tall is levi 5'-6"? look at the head tube. i thought he was taller than that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
cmg said:
what size is that frame? looks like a 52cm, how tall is levi 5'-6"? look at the head tube. i thought he was taller than that.
I heard Levi was 7 feet tall...and shoots fireballs out of his eyes...and lightningbolts out of his arse...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
the seamus said:
I heard Levi was 7 feet tall...and shoots fireballs out of his eyes...and lightningbolts out of his arse...
good. he'll have plenty of clearance on this thing, when he lights the afterburner and goes turbo......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts