Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things I thought I wuld never do:

1. Start a Lemond - Armstrong thread.
2. Admit to reading Men's Journal.

But it showed up in my mailbox today and was worth some laughs. My favorite line was Lance's, when asked for comment about the feud: "I'm a busy man. Greg Lemond is never on my to-do list."

· Registered
2,342 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
Two things I thought I wuld never do:

1. Start a Lemond - Armstrong thread.
2. Admit to reading Men's Journal.

But it showed up in my mailbox today and was worth some laughs. My favorite line was Lance's, when asked for comment about the feud: "I'm a busy man. Greg Lemond is never on my to-do list."

that's a great quote. but I'll bet if greg looked like LA's mom he would be.
Im not buying mens journal to read it, what was the point of the article?

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blackhat said:
that's a great quote. but I'll bet if greg looked like LA's mom he would be.
Im not buying mens journal to read it, what was the point of the article?
Just a rehash of Lemond's various lawsuits and feuds with various lurid details of Lemond's home life. Accompanied by some low-grade psychoanalysis - the author surmises that those who are abused as children grow up with an unconscious need for revenge. They can't take it out upon the abuser, so they act destructively to those in their lives. Interesting theory. Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt to all the *******s I have known?

Lemond more or less believes that his success on the bike was the result of his freakish VO2 Max and getting molested as a kid.

· Registered
223 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
Just a rehash of Lemond's various lawsuits and feuds with various lurid details of Lemond's home life. Accompanied by some low-grade psychoanalysis - the author surmises that those who are abused as children grow up with an unconscious need for revenge. They can't take it out upon the abuser, so they act destructively to those in their lives. Interesting theory. Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt to all the *******s I have known?

Lemond more or less believes that his success on the bike was the result of his freakish VO2 Max and getting molested as a kid.
That actually sounds pretty reasonable.

· Registered
4 Posts
I read the article as well, and from what I gathered additionally, Trek and Armstrong have launched an all out effort to continue to hide their dirty little secrets and destroy LeMond in the process...

· Registered
102 Posts
It seems it was ok for lemond to recover from near death and return to top form but he feels anyone else must be a cheater... after reading the article, i couldn't help but lose more respect for lemond - he sounds bitter about a lot of things and seems content to continue to sue everyone around him.

· Registered
2,274 Posts
Nater nater nater...You all sound like Rosie O'Donnel and/or Oprah Windbag...What the heck, both those guys were great cyclists. Neither one is any different than 99% of humanity..pretty screwy.

.But they seem to always draw the scorn and wrath of many of the "perfect posters" here on RBR. It's like watching Entertainment Tonight...What they do now, well after their competative cycling is done, is more gossipped over than how they raced? "Dissing" two very good US cyclists seems to make so many RBR posters feel superior? Didn't your mommies ever tell you.."If you can't say something nice, ---- --- ----?

I wish I could be good enough to talk down about those guys always, but I never even won the tour or the Worlds, and I am just as screwy as Lance, Greg, Billy-Bob or Hillary, Oh well..

Don Hanson

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I apologizing again for starting another useless Lance versus Lemond thread - wasn't my intent. I thought the portrait painted in the article of Lemond living in his mansion with his attack dog and his demons and the lead slowly poisoning his body was sad yet strangely sympathetic.

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Nater nater nater...You all sound like Rosie O'Donnel and/or Oprah Windbag...What the heck, both those guys were great cyclists. Neither one is any different than 99% of humanity..pretty screwy.

.But they seem to always draw the scorn and wrath of many of the "perfect posters" here on RBR. It's like watching Entertainment Tonight...What they do now, well after their competative cycling is done, is more gossipped over than how they raced? "Dissing" two very good US cyclists seems to make so many RBR posters feel superior? Didn't your mommies ever tell you.."If you can't say something nice, ---- --- ----?

I wish I could be good enough to talk down about those guys always, but I never even won the tour or the Worlds, and I am just as screwy as Lance, Greg, Billy-Bob or Hillary, Oh well..

Don Hanson
I largely agree. However, I think it is interesting to compare their cycling results. I personally think Lemond's career was more "colorful." Moreover, even though Lemond probably started the trend of fosusing on just the Tour de France to the detriment of other races, Armstrong took it to another level that, in my opinion, was too boring.

· yup
2,739 Posts
Cipher said:
I read the article as well, and from what I gathered additionally, Trek and Armstrong have launched an all out effort to continue to hide their dirty little secrets and destroy LeMond in the process...
Wow you joined RBR in 2002 and you have poasted twice since then, both in this thread? Not implying anthing negative, just noting how unusual that is..

· Il faut d'abord, durer.
333 Posts
Men's Journal

Just a note:

"Men's Health" is published by Rodale (who also does "Bicycling"). It is cheesy and shallow.

"Men's Journal" is usually an excellent publication. With lots of great pieces on everything from the environment to politics to sports to medicine . Lots of adventure stories (running the Zambezi, climbing el capitan, riding the tour, etc)

· Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
Gargamel said:
Just a note:

"Men's Health" is published by Rodale (who also does "Bicycling"). It is cheesy and shallow.

"Men's Journal" is usually an excellent publication. With lots of great pieces on everything from the environment to politics to sports to medicine . Lots of adventure stories (running the Zambezi, climbing el capitan, riding the tour, etc)
That's right, I remember now. Thanks.

And lemond isn't any greater than lance. The only thing lemond does better is b!tch.

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Lemond > Armstrong

Lemond = bitter and angry
Armstrong = arrogant, pompous, elitist pr!ck and flaked on Crow when she got cancer

· Matnlely Dregaend
5,051 Posts
I read it for the articles...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.