Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an older Lemond steel road bike which appears to be a team bike of some sort. The only markings on the bike are a few "gans" decals and a "handmade by Greg Lemond" engraving. The steel beautiful with a beautifully crafted thin steel fork. The color is blue with yellow highlights. All DuraAce with DuraAce STI so I'm guessing this is an early 90 late 80's vintage?

I have searched the Lemond site and other sites with no luck finding which model or when or who rode this bike. I am grateful for any help or direction you can give.

·
Registered
777 Posts
phatfarm said:
I just purchased an older Lemond steel road bike which appears to be a team bike of some sort. The only markings on the bike are a few "gans" decals and a "handmade by Greg Lemond" engraving. The steel beautiful with a beautifully crafted thin steel fork. The color is blue with yellow highlights. All DuraAce with DuraAce STI so I'm guessing this is an early 90 late 80's vintage?

I have searched the Lemond site and other sites with no luck finding which model or when or who rode this bike. I am grateful for any help or direction you can give.

I'd say 1992 or so. I think Greg was still racing for Team Z in 1991, and I think he retired in 93. His last seasons were with the GAN team. The bikes were contract-built in Italy to Greg's design, basically his custom Della Santas scaled up and down. I forget who the builder was, and it changed a few times anyway, but the bikes were pretty well made. Good, solid race bikes for long hard days. Team paint is no indication of a team bike, you could buy them that way from dealers.

Keep it, ride it, love it... If it fits.

--Shannon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.