Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of an affordable road bike (to be used for mainly commuting and the weekend warrior stuff) and i am looking for advice on this beauty...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/bik/166371114.html

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with older lemonds with a shimano rsx component package? should i expect any problems from this component group? i heard the rsx was the old name for the sora/tiagra level. also, this is supposedly a red frame, is it the same red that lemond is currently using? any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
LeMond archives and buying an older bike

I just bought a '99 Tourmalet off ebay for $350. Seems like there are a lot of them to be found there. I reported my purchase to the Lemond dealers I deal with in both Charleston SC and Indiana and they were all pretty impressed with the bike and the $ spent. They seem to be great bikes and will last forever. I have the steel reynolds 525 frame and was affraid it would feel as heavy as my mtb. Not even close. It rides and feels great. Don't be affraid of steel.

I'm a mountain biker and just figuring out all this road bike stuff. So far the rsx components seem alright - no problems on my bike anyway and it's all original. Mine is also red. I was able to cover up the few minor scratches with a little bottle of enamel red I found at my hardware store. Not an exact match but you really have to look closely to see it. I also heard that current Lemond dealers have access to touch up paint for the older bikes. Not sure if this is true or not. Here's a link to the LeMond archives if you haven't already been there. It's been really helpful to me.

http://www.bikearchive.com/action.php?action=brand&brand=LEMOND

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.