Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
pretty-n-pink
335 Posts
I like lemond

I wish the interview had more depth with better questions. I like lemond especially since landis tried to call him out. So he's a Cassandra with no one believing him. I think one day he'll be proven right. I like him better than hummer boy craig.:)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I miss Al, too. At least he was a good orator. Dare I say he got downright eloquent last year. Hummer has the same amount of knowledge and the a voice that belongs nowhere NEAR a microphone. But I guess since he looks like "joe biker", VS though he was a good fit. Morons.

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
I like Al, he is always good on the Ironman Hawaii coverage, check them out on youtube. Sure its written for him, but the emotion in his voice is genuine. Can be very touching at times.
---------------------

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Yup I miss Al too, mostly because somehow he and Bob played well off eachother.

Hummer is annoying, to me at least.

Edit to add...love Lemond. Pure talent. Don't know why he gets such a bad rap...a good portion of tour winners seem to be self-centered little jerks, he's just not as good at finessing himself into looking good, such as a Hinault or Armstrong seem to pull off.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
They wasted Lemond. After it was over, even Lemond seemed shocked that they were ending it so soon. Most unfortunate was the fact that Hummer didn't even bother to ask Lemond about this year's tour, who Lemond liked, etc. Use the man's expertise and knowledge and ask some relevant questions dammit. My god!!! It was pathetic.

Lemond is much more entertaining to listen to than Lance ever was or will be. He was a better racer too!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tschai said:
They wasted Lemond. After it was over, even Lemond seemed shocked that they were ending it so soon. Most unfortunate was the fact that Hummer didn't even bother to ask Lemond about this year's tour, who Lemond liked, etc. Use the man's expertise and knowledge and ask some relevant questions dammit. My god!!! It was pathetic.

Lemond is much more entertaining to listen to than Lance ever was or will be. He was a better racer too!!
I like Lemond too, if his brother-in-law had of been a bit more discriminating with his targets Lemond might have won 5 tours, he could have won in 85 if not for the team politics. And he was certainly a big factor in bringing recognition to pro cycling to the US and Canada.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.