Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess they read a different report. Must be embarassing when your fantasy runs into reality.

''There is nothing to retract from the revelations,'' L'Equipe said in an editorial that concluded: ''For our part, we remain convinced of the need to battle without compromise against the mafialike tendencies that still and always threaten the sport of cycling. Both in the method and the substance, L'Equipe stands firm.''

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
LA should buy two full pages

left one with important parts of the report. right one with a shot of his backside and a note
"Kiss It"

G

·
LOL!!! Guess they missed this part (grabbed from velonews):

The report said tests on the urine samples were conducted improperly and fell so short of scientific standards that it was ''completely irresponsible'' to suggest they ''constitute evidence of anything.''

· Registered
1,017 Posts
svend said:
I guess they read a different report. Must be embarassing when your fantasy runs into reality.

''There is nothing to retract from the revelations,'' L'Equipe said in an editorial that concluded: ''For our part, we remain convinced of the need to battle without compromise against the mafialike tendencies that still and always threaten the sport of cycling. Both in the method and the substance, L'Equipe stands firm.''
Thankfully nobody from L'Equipe is likely able to qualify for jury duty in the US.

· Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AJL said:
LOL!!! Guess they missed this part (grabbed from velonews):
And here's the the response from Dick:

In addition, WADA president Dick Pound was quoted by the Associated Press as saying, "It's clearly everything we feared. There was no interest in determining whether the samples Armstrong provided were positive or not. We were afraid of that from the very beginning."

Sounds like the spin is already engaged.....I nominate Dick for asshat of the year.

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
well that beats Dick's last statement

where he called the investigator 'inexperienced' (though he has 10 years in the doping field)

· imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
svend said:
And here's the the response from Dick:

In addition, WADA president Dick Pound was quoted by the Associated Press as saying, "It's clearly everything we feared. There was no interest in determining whether the samples Armstrong provided were positive or not. We were afraid of that from the very beginning."

Sounds like the spin is already engaged.....I nominate Dick for asshat of the year.

Well gee Dick .......

Once the investigators waded in there and saw how badly the lab had f'ed up they prolly gave up hope of determinining anything of "scientific import" ... the only thing they were able to determine is the lab screwed the pooch
every which way but loose ... in the Navy we called that a "cluster f*ck" ...

· imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
svend said:

Not for the French Svend,
remember these are the people that rewrote the history books (under the directive of Charles De Gaul) to teach their children that it was the French Resistance that liberated France & won WWII .....

G

·
bonkmiester said:
Not for the French Svend,
remember these are the people that rewrote the history books (under the directive of Charles De Gaul) to teach their children that it was the French Resistance that liberated France & won WWII .....
Seriously? I've heard this b/4, but thought it had to be an urban legend.

· imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
AJL said:
Seriously? I've heard this b/4, but thought it had to be an urban legend.
It may have been Malraux's (C deG's Minister of Culture) high-handed doctorings of the historical record that I recall studying in my undergrad days........We discussed it in Modern British History I believe .........

But that was B.Cf. (before Carbon-fibre) along time ago, so I may have tagged the wrong culprit ,,, but I think de Gaul & Malraux were intellectually inseperable anyway ....

b0nk

ps- I am deliberately mis-spelling de Gaulle as de Gaul. It's kind of a Tour Day France thing.... and a double entendre too .... yeah, I am dopey that way ...

· Registered
239 Posts
But, they're French

svend said:

LaMonde, L'Equipe...CBS News with Dan Rather. Rather finally didn't make it to the end of his contract with CBS. He's out the door. He may be writing fiction for Mark Cuban this time next year.
L'Equipe has no place the go. How far down is down? And, the New York Times? "All the (we wish it were true) News That's Fit to Print."
LA is Superman. Take that Lex Luther.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Route 66 Domestiques said:
LaMonde, L'Equipe...CBS News with Dan Rather. Rather finally didn't make it to the end of his contract with CBS. He's out the door. He may be writing fiction for Mark Cuban this time next year.
L'Equipe has no place the go. How far down is down? And, the New York Times? "All the (we wish it were true) News That's Fit to Print."
LA is Superman. Take that Lex Luther.
let's get this straight. you're saying L'Equipe and the NY Times "has no place the go"? by this I assume you're implying both are doomed. just want to make sure I read you correctly, because that's a pretty bold prediction.

· Registered
239 Posts
Count the number of advertising pages

blackhat said:
let's get this straight. you're saying L'Equipe and the NY Times "has no place the go"? by this I assume you're implying both are doomed. just want to make sure I read you correctly, because that's a pretty bold prediction.
Newspapers are dinosaurs. Total ad pages are at an all-time low. Newspaper headlines, above the fold, scream for readership: sex, blood, and bashing President Bush.
The New York Times staff would be in prison if FDR were President. Treason is treason.
The Los Angeles Times Sunday edition one week ago had six columnists devoting their space to the future of that newspaper and the struggle among the Chandler family who have three seats on the Board of Directors and the Tribune Co., the present owner.
The topic: should the newspaper returned to the middle or continue to the far left?
Bottom line: circulation is in the dumper.
There is no future for big city newspapers; you and I once got our news from the radio;
then, television; then, cable/satellite television. Today and tomorrow we will go to the internet for our news. And, that's where the Madison Avenue ad dollars will be found.
I can't remember the last time I made a conscious effort to watch the Evening News with
Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings...even the most trustest man in America turned out to be a leftist.
So, The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times will continue have front page, above the fold, headlines right out of the Maury Povich, Jerry Springer and the
Rosie O'Doughnuts Shows. The internet is killing everyone: Katie Couric reading you the news from her teleprompter? That'll last about 18-months.
If you want any truth in newspaper "news", read the last paragraph only; that's where it will be buried. That goes for Associated Press, Reuters, United Press International and
the BBC wire services. Read the last paragraph, only.
Lance Armstrong won his lawsuit to get his $7.5 million bonus. And, he won it in Europe.
Enough said for L'Equipe.

Sunrise is in about thirty minutes; I'd better get in my miles.

· I don't exist
2,036 Posts
seems to me...

...you don't really want the "news" anyway.. You want to hear, read, be told only what you want to hear and believe.
The internet is not too far removed (if at all) from a rumor/gossip mill...now if that's what you want, fine.

Do try to remember the adage; "one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch".

Treason?...right, just keep telling your self that.

Newspapers are dinosaurs. Total ad pages are at an all-time low. Newspaper headlines, above the fold, scream for readership: sex, blood, and bashing President Bush.
The New York Times staff would be in prison if FDR were President. Treason is treason.
The Los Angeles Times Sunday edition one week ago had six columnists devoting their space to the future of that newspaper and the struggle among the Chandler family who have three seats on the Board of Directors and the Tribune Co., the present owner.
The topic: should the newspaper returned to the middle or continue to the far left?
Bottom line: circulation is in the dumper.
There is no future for big city newspapers; you and I once got our news from the radio;
then, television; then, cable/satellite television. Today and tomorrow we will go to the internet for our news. And, that's where the Madison Avenue ad dollars will be found.
I can't remember the last time I made a conscious effort to watch the Evening News with
Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings...even the most trustest man in America turned out to be a leftist.
So, The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times will continue have front page, above the fold, headlines right out of the Maury Povich, Jerry Springer and the
Rosie O'Doughnuts Shows. The internet is killing everyone: Katie Couric reading you the news from her teleprompter? That'll last about 18-months.
If you want any truth in newspaper "news", read the last paragraph only; that's where it will be buried. That goes for Associated Press, Reuters, United Press International and
the BBC wire services. Read the last paragraph, only.
Lance Armstrong won his lawsuit to get his $7.5 million bonus. And, he won it in Europe.
Enough said for L'Equipe.

Sunrise is in about thirty minutes; I'd better get in my miles.

· Registered
262 Posts
Both L'Equipe and the report can be correct in their assertions. The testing protocols were not followed and the "results" can't by any definition be a positive. However, his urine still could have contained traces of EPO.

· BikerFox Wannabe
696 Posts
Perhaps you've drunk to deeply of the right wing Kool-Aid?

Newspaper headlines, above the fold, scream for readership: sex, blood, and bashing President Bush.
And I'd recommend keeping sentiments like this in the Political Forums.

Besides you're so off base it's laughable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.