Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess all the cycling publications got together and decided to issue an aero article today, lol....

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/aero-future-paying-attention-aerodynamics-324600

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
Engineers with too much time on their hands.

What makes much more difference is how much you ride and what kind of shape you are in. Pedaling harder makes a big difference too. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engineers with too much time on their hands.

What makes much more difference is how much you ride and what kind of shape you are in. Pedaling harder makes a big difference too. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
LOL! I am sure you have read over the years, that's pretty much my theory too. Bikes don't win races, strong skilled riders do. When you can control for a proper, aero fit and some aero wheels and kit, you are talking very small differences from tube shapes alone IMO. It"s typically not anything that can't be overcome by someone, but intelligent minds can differ on the topic. Where it seems to matter most is wind tunnels and time trials, etc. But again, to each his own and it's still interesting to learn this stuff sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts