Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
"Landis and his defense dragged the laboratory and its staff through the mud after it found synthetic testosterone in one of the eight urine samples he gave at the 2006 Tour de France."

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but didn't they find synthetic testosterone in almost all of his samples when they went back and tested them with the more sophisticated technique?

· Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a hard time feeling too much sympathy for his victims anymore than I have too much for the rubes who give money to psychics and televangelists.

At some point folks have to be able to put 2 and 2 together on their own. I guess there were those who didn't follow the sport closely, at all?

· Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Rex Hunter said:
As far as the lab at Chatenay-Malabry is concerned, they've absorbed far greater punches from one Mr. Lance Armstrong. Floyd's punches must've been child's play to them. They've survived and they were the ones that caught Vino, Ricco and Kohl amongst others.

I do agree with the part about the volunteers of the Floyd Fairness Fund.

I also agree with the following statement:
Had he confessed immediately in 2006 and not strung everyone along for years, then it might have been possible to believe his new story that Armstrong and others doped, too.

The victims that bought his book can live and learn. So can those that contributed to the "fairness fund".

· Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
It's a shame that the Chatenay-Malabry lab now feels vindicated even though they didn't follow procedures and did botch at least one of the Landis tests.

I said at the time that I hoped Landis was guilty but that he would get off because the lab screwed up, because only a failure as big as that would get the lab to clean up its act.

· E Plurbus Elvis
1,071 Posts
Speaking of victims, didn't Floyd's father in law commit suicide or something following Floyd's positive?

· Registered
1,128 Posts
The sad part here is that Floyd's admission may not be to ease his conscience but to increase his bank account. According to recent articles, Floyd's help with federal authorities investigation into the US postal saga could net him serious cash under the whistle blower law if his story pans out.

· Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Mootsie said:
Floyd said his father in law helped transport and store the blood. He was part of it, so in a direct way Floyd should take some responsibility for it.
Taking one's own life is a very serious matter and is usually the accumulation of many negative experiences plus a good dose of depression.
I can understand why FL may feel guilty about it and is very natural for the surviving members of family and friends to feel that way. There were and will be many instances where the people left behind will question themselves with a truckload of "what if's".
However going from that, to assigning blame, either in whole or in part, to FL is IMO going overboard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.