Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was one of those mildly manic-ly depressed saturdays. I did not feel it. I was thinking about just driving to Coops, but not acting out that fantasy yet.

Make myself a couple eggs, and try to fix my computer which recently took a crap. (Get a Mac, I know). Roommate asked if I wanted to go MTB'ing... Nah.. Pass.

Did some shopping at Walmart (gag), for some base layers for the ride back from Coops, and some caribeaners (sp?) to carry around my camera bag. I get back, and cook up a hot dog left over from last weeks BBQ, and veg in front of the TV. I dont like this... I was supposed to go to the LBS to meet Eric "The Sov" Sovern, I was supposed to go shopping with Tent-Girl (she never called).

****-It.

Suited up... Got on the LHT, packed my camera, an empty trunk-bag, and took off, bar end shifters clicking, 9-sp chain leaping to its sprocket.

Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank...

Top of Old Topanga! Mostly downhill from here. Get out the DSLR. NO EFFING BATTERY. HAH... pack it up, keep riding.

Got to Topanga Creek Bicycles around 3pm. Met up with Eric, Chris and friends. Patrons coming and going. A cute Philipino gal test riding an LHT. A TAAAALLLL beauty picking up her Salsa (beautiful bike too!). I myself pick up a frame pump, some tubes for the trip, and other misc gear.

3 hours, and 3 beers later, im off... A Surly Flask in my saddle bag from Eric, and good times from the LBS.

Showered. Ready to go to a roommates friends for dinner, then to a local establishment for his live show.

Today was like the first bite of your favorite dessert. Perfect.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Primero!!

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me! Too bad about the camera.

At least you got out and rode. I spent the day unfortunately doing battle with weeds. Weeds. Weeds. Weeds I receive as annual gifts from the neighbors that don't themselves weed. A full acre of weeds popping up everywhere.

Have fun at Coops.

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Sounds like a winner to me! Too bad about the camera.

At least you got out and rode. I spent the day unfortunately doing battle with weeds. Weeds. Weeds. Weeds I receive as annual gifts from the neighbors that don't themselves weed. A full acre of weeds popping up everywhere.

Have fun at Coops.

Maybe get a goat. :idea: (I've always wanted to get one)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
wagsea6b said:
Maybe get a goat. :idea: (I've always wanted to get one)
You have no use for a goat! Nttawwt.

Now if you're talking about one of those monkeys.... I'd be interested.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
uzziefly said:
You have no use for a goat! Nttawwt.

Now if you're talking about one of those monkeys.... I'd be interested.

What monkeys?

I don't have any monkeys.

(unlessofcourseyouarespeakingofmyneighbors)

Wags do you have monkeys? If so, why?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Oh hey wags! Long ride next weekend? Thursday's my last exam and I've been wanting a long bike ride. Of course, I reckon I'd suffer.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
What monkeys?

Wags doesn't need goats. He'd be better off getting monkeys so that I have something to look forward to post ride when we go on bike rides.

I like monkeys. And cats.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
pics or it never happened....oh that's right, you conviniently forgot the battery.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I was coming back from L.A. last Tuesday on 101, and it was windy as hell from about Paso Robles to Salinas. All I could think about is, damn, Bent is going to ride in this??? 100 miles of nasty headwind? Crazy. But I think that was an abnormal weather condition. It's not usually like that.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hollywood said:
Sov was in town??!!! And you/he didn't call??? Wow. Fail :(
I decided to go at the last minute... sorry dude! Do you know him?

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
What monkeys?

No, I don't have any monkeys.
I was almost attacked the other day when I stopped to take a break and watch them in the park.
Like an idiot I pulled a snack out of my jersey (a banana--duh) and I was swarmed. I started throwing banana pieces as a distraction but a really large male (the alpha I think) was pissed because he didn't get any and charged me bearing his teeth. I put my bike between me and him and got out of there.
I used to like monkeys. Now, not so much. :mad:

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
geez. Wags, where do you live? My SIL had a bag of crackers snatched out of her hands by monkeys while she was living in Mumbai.

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Goats are funny.

How about a whole lot of goats, given as gifts to the non-weeding neighbors? :thumbsup:

Goats crack me up too.

I remember driving home one time and seeing two goats standing on top of some farmer's new pickup truck. One was on the hood and the other on the roof. They seemed pretty content with themselves. I doubt the farmer thought it was as funny as I did. :D

Maybe we should start a separate thread about goats (if it hasn't been done before).
I'll bet there are a lot of good goat stories out there!

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
snapdragen said:
geez. Wags, where do you live? My SIL had a bag of crackers snatched out of her hands by monkeys while she was living in Mumbai.

I am an American living in Singapore (thus the Uzzie connection).

Yeah, those Mumbai (It'll always be Bombay to me) monkeys are supposed to be super aggressive! At least the cows are docile.

Wow, now we have goats, monkeys, flasks, and cows! Keep it going people!

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
uzziefly said:
Oh hey wags! Long ride next weekend? Thursday's my last exam and I've been wanting a long bike ride. Of course, I reckon I'd suffer.

Sounds great. Email me.

(Suffering can be arranged!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts