Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Build...

Ultegra 10 speed. (don't have enough coin for DA)
Mavic Ksyrium SL Tubulars with Challenge Grifo 32s for racing
Mavic Open Pro on DA hubs with Michelin Sprints for training and dirt road riding
Thomson stem and post
San Marco ERA Ti saddle
Deda Super Natural Bars
Avid 6 brakes for now, may try the new Tektro (SP) brakes though

I'm pretty excited I had an IF years ago, but it was a little too long for me, now with the custom aspect, I could get the right TT length. I'm stoked!!

I just waxed it, and hope to build tonight. Pics to follow for sure!!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
I like the paint job. Nice looking bike already. Pics are expected ASAP on the final build. Oh, I'm jealous of the K tubies.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tonights progress...

Well, this is what I got done tonight. I could work longer on it, but it's already after 10, so I'll pick up again tomorrow after work. I should finish tomorrow for sure. So far, no major problems, well none that are the frames fault, I set up the brake housing and realized it was a little too short, but I can redo that tomorrow before I wrap the bars. One thing that always gets me is how to run the housing...

Here's the pics..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sweet! I love the Thomson stuff, I'm a big fan of their gear. I'm usually no proponent of white saddles, but that looks great! It really ties in with the white "panel" perfectly. White or black bar tape? I know black is surely more practical for cross, but white would look nice with your saddle. I think you've pulled off black and orange nicely without getting too "Halloweeny". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice ride

I also like that you went with the steel fork - for ride quality but also because it looks great with the frame. How was your experience with IF as you dialed in the geometry, tubing selections, etc? Also, if you post more pics, I'd love to see a close up of the welds.

Have fun on the bike!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More info...

Working with IF was great! It's always scary ordering custom though. I feel we hit the size right on the head. Any smaller though and I'd probably have problems, but I think it should rock.

First race of the year when ever that is for the debut.

Yes, white handlebar tape is a must!

I'll work on some picks. Thought of carbon fork, but too much $$$ for my budget, so I went with steel. It's what I had before and I know it'll be comfy.

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Awesome!

Schweet Planet-X! I love the paint scheme, really nice job on the paint. I love my Planet-X, I'm sure you will too. I love Indy Fabs in general so I'm a little biased. Many happy rides! :D Good luck racing her this upcoming season.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The build is complete!!!

So I finally got her completed. Came out really nice. I'm gonna have to go with the FSA seatpost to get a little more set back, and may go with an FSA stem just because I've got one so it'll be more uniform looking. I took her around the block a few times tonight. As pictured, she's 20.4lbs, but that's with everything stock, no ti bolts and some super heavy flat proof tires. I figure when I ti bold it out, change to the FSA stuff and put on my tubulars, I should have her near 18lbs. That's fine with me, I'm no light weight myself, so it'll be all good. Enjoy the pics and I welcome your comments!

·
Registered
573 Posts
off topic...

have you glued your tubulars yet?

i just glued up a pair of ESs tubulars and had the hardest time getting the tires on. compared to Zipps, Ambrosios, no name rims, etc, this Ksyrium rim was damn difficult. same for you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.