Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's Here it For The Champ/Giro Photos

So it looks like Basso is in the home stretch and is an easy days ride away from victory (unless something unforseen happens). All in all I think he has showed how complete sacrifice and dedication can pay off. His determination has surprised me and has left everyone else staring in awe. Will he still have it to win or even podium in the TDF? Who knows? CSC is looking mighty strong this year. At least he'll have this milestone to remember for years to come. A baby and a Giro win all in the same week. Even though I was hoping for the "Falco" to come through, good for him (Basso)! Way to go Ivan "il terribile"!!!

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Photo 1: Morning finish line set-up
Photo 2: Childdren's "mini" stage race
Photo 3: Davide Cassani (RAI)
Photo 4: Silvio Martinello (RAI)

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Photo 1: Gigi Sgarbozza (RAI)
Photo 2: Francesco Moser (caught me off guard)
Photo 3: Dino Zandegu (real nice guy) with Moser
Photo 4: 11 laps and counting
Photo 5: Blurry group shot

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photo 1: Tribute to Davide Bramati for 17 straight years of riding the Giro
Photo 2: Blaudzun and Voigt leading it out for CSC and the rest of the pack
Photo 3: Misc. group shot
Photo 4: Misc. group shot
Photo 5: Robert Forster sprinting his way to victory! (note to self, learn to use shutter speed)

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This year it finished on a street called "Corso Venezia" situated between the central train station and the Duomo.The finish line was located across from the main park and the Museum of Natural History (Museo di Storia Naturale). What shocked me the most is how close you could get just before and after the finish line. I was at the TDF last year and a few hundred meters before and after the finish was reserved for VIP's. I arrived in Milan 5 hours early and was thinking to be happy just to get a front spot anywhere along the course. Oddly enough, people really didn't start lining the fences untill about an hour before the peleton arrived, which is good to know for next time (unlike the TDF where I arrived 6 hours early and could only find a spot along the Champs near the Sephoria shop). I was just as happy when I made my way to the podium area (forget about it at the TDF, I had to setle for the vocals through the speakers). I would have liked to have seen the race finish by the Duomo seeing as how it is one of the most important sights in Milan.

·
FIRESTARTER
72 Posts
Great photographs. I was very tempted to organise a trip to see a few mountain stages, but things came up. I might have a chance to view the Vuelta this year if there's anybody left to race.J/K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.