Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may belong in the doping forum but i want more responses. i am writing a possitianal paper on steroids in biking. well part of it is getting why people might think are pros of steroids, this is where i need your help. please give me why people might think steroids are good. any advice will help.
 

·
Anti-Hero
Joined
·
10,343 Posts
Reduction in muscle wasting
Reduction in bodyfat
Increased hematocrit
Increased bone density
Increased maximum force production of muscles
Increased rate for force development of muscles
Faster recovery after workouts- allows you to train harder, longer, and more often.

Do a medline database search and find some peer-reviewed research. The rest of the internet is likely to be pretty biased one way or another.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,006 Posts
tetter said:
this may belong in the doping forum but i want more responses. i am writing a possitianal paper on steroids in biking. well part of it is getting why people might think are pros of steroids, this is where i need your help. please give me why people might think steroids are good. any advice will help.
You're right, it does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,047 Posts
Beyond biking, I don't understand why female hormone replacement is commonplace, but it is still rather taboo for males. It could greatly reduce the effects of aging for men.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,254 Posts
filtersweep said:
Beyond biking, I don't understand why female hormone replacement is commonplace, but it is still rather taboo for males. It could greatly reduce the effects of aging for men.
I thought the medical community was scaling back HRT for women. For men, there is a fear of prostate tumor growth although some experts believe the risk is overstated.

From my almost completely uneducated perspective it seems potentially good for males.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Do a medline database search and find some peer-reviewed research. The rest of the internet is likely to be pretty biased one way or another.
I agree. If you're writing a position paper, you've got no business on the internet asking random folks in a forum about steroids (I assume you're talking about anabolic steroids not corticosteroids, which are actually the ones dopers seem to commonly use). Go get peer-reviewed papers or else your position paper will lack much value.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top