Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Old and/or Cheap

My K2 that has been turned into an Urban Assault Vehicle.

My Warrior (the blue one) for the rare trip to some trails.

My Favorite Bike of All Time! Cdale Beast of the East converted to a SS Urban Assault Vehicle.

All my bike fantasy of late have been about Fat Tire Bikes. I hope to see some really cool ones at NAHBS.

·
pedalpedalpedal
896 Posts
Here's mine. I bought the '07 Wahoo for the frame alone (cheapest way to get a Fisher G1 frame), then bolted all my parts to it.

Chris King headset
Thomson post
Rolf wheels re-laced w/ DT Swiss Revolutions
Race Face Turbine, made in Canada
Race Face Ti BB, ditto (none of their Taiwan-built modern crap)
Titec Ti118 bar
Avid Mag1 brakes
Sram 9.0SL twisters & X-9 RD
Recently put on a new XT 11-32 & a gold KMC X9-SL
Suprisingly awesome Suntour Epicon RLD fork w/ remote lockout
Roughyl 21.5lbs w/ 2.35" Nevegal (front) and 1.8" Klimax Lite (rear)

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
cpark said:
Here is mine.
Only get to ride it when I go riding with my kids.

It's interesting how one's taste change over time. At one point, this was damn near at the top of my list as a dream bike. I came very close to getting one multiple times on ebay. It just never happened.

Now, there do nothing for me. Although I do think that in some way they are a important part of the development of MTBs.

·
9,790 Posts

·
9,790 Posts
sixate said:
Yeah, that's the funniest MTB I've ever seen in my life. That XTR drivetrain doesn't deserve to be humiliated on that bike.
In his defense...
If I remember correctly, BATMAN is into Softride road bikes. That might explain the desire for (Cushy)cubed.

·
pedalpedalpedal
896 Posts
PlatyPius said:
Holy Exposed Seatpost! How much is in the frame? 1/2"?
I think the post extends 2-3" lower than the top tube. It's the ridiculous slope in the top tube that makes it look so exposed, but I don't mind the extra clearance for my junk.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
'98 Trek 7000 with an Instigator fork

It'll get knobbies once the road bike gets purchased, then I'll hit some of the few and far between smooth and easy trails here in the north east.

It still gets muddy, though, when I'm feeling frisky

Just a matter of being on my toes with the slicks.

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Lifelover said:
Other than the Thudbuster and the sprung saddle on a FS, what else do you find over the top stupid?

I agree it is a little on the Blingy side for my taste.
Those boat anchor Grimeca Mag wheels really compliment that Raleigh[cough] frame...

·
9,790 Posts
f3rg said:
I've always loved these Cannondale frames w/ the HeadSHOK fork. The Leftie looks pretty cool, but I really like the simplicity of the HeadSHOK.
fixx0red.

(I have a 1997 'dale with a headshok)

41 - 60 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.