Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone who spends a great deal of time outdoors knows, especially cyclists, we get really bad tan lines. Therefore, as i sit here bored, i thought, why not start a thread to discover who here on RBR has the worst or wierdest tan line or sunburn mark. To all entrants interested in entering, we need photos, mere words cannot descride the tan line in itself. I'll kick things off with 2 of my own, not the best, but bad enough.​

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
No tan lines this time of the year here in the mighty midwest!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Tanlines?

It's fricking february! Upside down ozzies have tanlines this time of year, the rest of us is freezing their tender parts off, praying for the first signs of spring. Tchh, tanlines! :mad: ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Pacific North West...

rogger said:
It's fricking february! Upside down ozzies have tanlines this time of year, the rest of us is freezing their tender parts off, praying for the first signs of spring. Tchh, tanlines! :mad: ;)
We're currently sporting the latest in rust lines.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Too early

rogger said:
Ask me in June or July -- especially after I have forgotten to put sunscreen on my bald/shaved head and you can see the vent pattern from my helmet.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Tan lines are good, burn lines are bad. My tan lines have faded away and will not return until spring.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Tan? What's that? The closest I've come to tanning in my five decades is an accumulation of freckles. I don't dare start shaving my legs, because without the hair, I'd have absolutely no color there at all.

Curse those redheaded Irish ancestors....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Soggy Feed Bag said:
No tan here in Pa just yet. I can show you some windburn. Give me about 4 months and I will show you some nasty tan lines
I'm in PA, too, but don't have problems with tan lines for some reason. I do wear a lot of sleeveless jerseys, so maybe it blends in a bit more.

Taken Sept last year:

·
Banned
97 Posts
No tan here in Pa just yet. I can show you some windburn. Give me about 4 months and I will show you some nasty tan lines

·
Registered
727 Posts
if you bring this thread back up in july or august i'll have some good stuff to show ya, but i am at my palest this time of year!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ouch!

Four words: SUNBLOCK IS YOUR FRIEND! :) Tan lines are one thing, but those look like some pretty painful burn lines.

Cheers,
Ari

·
Registered
602 Posts
Does anyone here have 'permanent' tan lines?

I do. After years and years in the sun I've developed a farmers tan line on my arms which won't go away. I usually use sunscreen but that only goes so far, so I'm generally tan by June. The current line is faint and my arms are by no means tan but it's definitely there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I always forget!

I always seem to forget that i live in the southern hemisphere. Where it is currently summer, where we use metres not miles and where we use $AUS as opposed to your $US, i get in so much trouble on here sometimes bcos of that. Yeah, i know, they are bad tan lines, i swear i went out that day and it looked like raining, i finish with burns 4 hours later. Australian sun, always good fun. I know someone will re-post something like this in a couple of months so its relevant to you US guys.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dwayne said:
I'm in PA, too, but don't have problems with tan lines for some reason. I do wear a lot of sleeveless jerseys, so maybe it blends in a bit more.

Taken Sept last year:
Scotty, meet your new avatar.

·
gone biking...
175 Posts
Thats nothing, you guys. My tan lines are like, PERFECT lines... no fade whatsoever. And the difference in skin color is really drastic!

Oh, and I live in Phoenix ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts