Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of reading reports from other posters, it's time for me to give this a shot. On Friday, seeing a predicted sharp turn in the weather just ahead, I took a vacation day to explore a new route. Below, hopefully, you will see the result.

The day started with dense fog/clouds, which the Weather Channel said would eventually clear. This didn't look too likely. Most of the roads around here are narrow and quiet. More miles than cars today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They haven't yet paved many of the roads around here, I like that.

You need to take time to say hello to the locals. These guys ran along side me until I stopped to say good morning.

Here's an amazing old building along the way. Appears to be abandoned, although it appears someone still takes care of the lawn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As the sun burned through the fog my confidence in the weather report was renewed. It was becoming quite a nice mid November day in central Ohio.

A small town with an inviting coffee shop and central green proved to be an inviting location for a brief stop, and some bike photography.

You may recognize the influence of other rbr poster's photography here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The roads look like this in every direction. I moved here not too long ago, and am looking forward to many days of getting lost/exploring.

Here is a covered bride along the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's what I rode today. Sorry, I don't know what the glare or blur going diagonally across the image is. I was getting a bit tired at this point, and I guess my camera work suffered.

Fortunately, home and food are but a half mile away.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
velovino said:
After years of reading reports from other posters, it's time for me to give this a shot. .
Thanks for the report.

One more person's posting a ride report: Someday I will buy a camera and post a ride report. Until then, I just will keep on enjoying the ride reports here on RBR.

I always enjoy seeing and riding through covered bridges. It amazes me how many of them are left around the country.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!
The bars are covered in a stitched on leather, actually elk skin I guess. Kinda reminiscent of old Cinelli vip bars. It's a bit of a chore to install, particularly with ergo levers, but I really like the results.
I'll be pretty sad if I ever lay the bike down though...

·
Non non normal
10,103 Posts
I love that country riding. Those are great shots for your first post. I hope we get to see a lot more in the future.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Very nice first effort. No, better than nice. What is that abandoned building, anyway? A school? Hospital? Insane asylum? Especially like the shot of the roadside church--there's a real sense of serenity to it. On the other hand, I'm thinking that barn could use a visit from an arsonist.

For some reason, I just can't see partying with Todd.

Back roads rule!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really don't know what the abandoned building was, I spent a bit of time looking for clues to no avail. A mental hospital is a likely possibility. This really was in the middle of nowhere, the only other buildings nearby were a few older homes and some farms. This is easily the largest building for miles around.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts