Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Levi just twittered that he had an MRI that "doesn't look good". I assume it's an MR of the hip that he injured in the ToC. Obviously, an incapacitated Levi changes things dramatically on Astana. Hope he's okay.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That's scary

·
Registered
420 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Their "9 other domestiques" didnt finish on the podium, a few seconds off the top in the TDF. Just to be clear.
Well there is the possibility that one of their super domestiques finished on top of the podium seven times... :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Their "9 other domestiques" didnt finish on the podium, a few seconds off the top in the TDF. Just to be clear.
Are you referring to Andreas Kloden, who fininshed 2nd at the tour twice?

Don't get me wrong, Levi is an important talent, but Astana is so loaded they have other options.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Small injury according to him so not a big deal I suppose.

Too bad he'll miss Paris-Nice. I assume that Alberto would be the leader though anyway. But, Levi might have well been too.

Astana have a lot of other options and that's their strength - strength in depth. But, it's undoubtedly a loss nonetheless because he's leader and domestique. Even as a domestique, he can still place on the podium or come pretty darned close for sure. So that's the loss.

·
Registered
29 Posts
iherald said:
Well there is the possibility that one of their super domestiques finished on top of the podium seven times... :)
gag me with a stick of dynamite!

yes he will be there. yes, it is part of the plan. he will be KOM, if not a jersey wearing for a couple days.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.