·
TPS reports by 5, people.
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lumbergh said:
RS can't manage to send anyone to race w/Levi? Scratching my head a bit here - why would Levi even bother racing?
Maybe Levi is getting an appearance fee for just showing up. Or maybe he wants to use the race for training? Or both.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm not saying that Levi's shelf life with Radio Shack didn't expire last month, but his going solo may be related to TRS being a ProTour team and UCI rules. I seem to recall if a ProTour team particaptes as a team, then the UCI Continental team entries get limited or something like that.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's dodgy... if it's like any other domestic races that the Radioshack guys have ridden then he'll have the Trek-Livestrong guys as domestiques, effectively giving that team a much bigger squad than anyone else in the race.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't believe that the Tour of Utah can accept Pro Tour teams because of their current status. BMC is getting in because they're Pro Continental. I wonder if Levi is racing as a tune-up to the USPRO road race or time trial, similar to what DZ did last year.

There was a news article that said basically that solo riders cannot accept help from their companion team (e.g. Trek-Livestrong) other than mechanical support and having the companion team carry their spare bike. Yeah, right. Like he's not going to put the U23 guys on the front to reel in a break?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Levi's also spent time growing up in Utah (he went to high school in Salt Lake City) and he's raced a lot of the same roads. My guess is that he's not only using the race for training (lots of high altitude climbing stages!!) but I would also guess that's he's also trying to provide support for the "local race".

Either way, I'm stoked to see he and GH in action!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dave Zabriskie raced the tour of Utah solo last year. I pretty exited to see Levi and George ride here, took the whole week off work.

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
MJCBH said:
Levi's also spent time growing up in Utah (he went to high school in Salt Lake City) and he's raced a lot of the same roads. My guess is that he's not only using the race for training (lots of high altitude climbing stages!!) but I would also guess that's he's also trying to provide support for the "local race".

Either way, I'm stoked to see he and GH in action!

Yep:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts