Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mancebo takes runner-up...solo! Two unsupported riders!

Why does Fly V think it should get ProTour status when it can't put away two "mercenaries"? Are continental squads that weak?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
it is great that levi won a race against such powerhouses of professional cycling

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
alexb618 said:
it is great that levi won a race against such powerhouses of professional cycling
Kinda reminds me of grade school where the kid that got left back a grade would open up a can of whup a$$ during gym class.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
shows what

a lack of talent there is in the lesser ranks

·
Registered
427 Posts
No, the officials were watching quite closely and we were not allowed to give Levi any assistance. No taking him bottles or following his directions during the race.

To be honest, the course really suited Levi for a solo win. With climbs as hard as Utah's, the best climber will win if they get to the base of the climb in one piece. Sitting in will not save you at 9% if you dont have the legs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
chase196126 said:
No, the officials were watching quite closely and we were not allowed to give Levi any assistance. No taking him bottles or following his directions during the race.

To be honest, the course really suited Levi for a solo win. With climbs as hard as Utah's, the best climber will win if they get to the base of the climb in one piece. Sitting in will not save you at 9% if you dont have the legs.
Did you get your P1 bike yet? :)
Ben C. had me put your order in awhile ago...I think it was for your dad or something?

·
Registered
427 Posts
tbb001 said:
Did you get your P1 bike yet? :)
Ben C. had me put your order in awhile ago...I think it was for your dad or something?
Yeah, it came in about 2 weeks ago! It was an order for my Aunt, who got me into cycling. The sky blue is a beautiful color! She will be hard to miss out on the road.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just curious to know...

Why do some of you guys get all bent when someone like a Levi or Lance go to close to home races and win?

Where would you expect Levi to go race during this time frame since RS isn't doing the Vuelta? I'd think it was great press coverage for the race, as well as for some of the riders who got a chance to say they raced against one of USA's best cyclist.

Believe me, I'd have much rather seen him prepping for the Tour of Missouri at this point, but we all know how that turned out.

·
Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
1,521 Posts
SlowMo said:
Why do some of you guys get all bent when someone like a Levi or Lance go to close to home races and win?

Where would you expect Levi to go race during this time frame since RS isn't doing the Vuelta? I'd think it was great press coverage for the race, as well as for some of the riders who got a chance to say they raced against one USA's best cyclist.

Believe me, I'd have much rather seen him prepping for the Tour of Missouri at this point, but we all know how that turned out.
Good points, and hopefully he gave back the purse or did something with it; I think he's doing better monetarily than the continental teams.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
No haterade here, I've always been a Levi fan.

I just called him a sandbagger because of the way he was talking before / during the race... you gotta watch the old guys, they are cagey and I think he did a nice job of talking his chances down.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
SlowMo said:
Where would you expect Levi to go race during this time frame since RS isn't doing the Vuelta? .
how about vattenfal classic? eneco tour? GP quest france? Trofeo Melinda? Coppa Bernocchi?
just a few suggestions of racing at a level Leipheimer belongs.

·
not feeling creative
142 Posts
den bakker said:
how about vattenfal classic? eneco tour? GP quest france? Trofeo Melinda? Coppa Bernocchi?
just a few suggestions of racing at a level Leipheimer belongs.
please post your telephone number so Levi can call you to consult with you on his schedule next year. :confused: freakin meatpuppet.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
cruso414 said:
please post your telephone number so Levi can call you to consult with you on his schedule next year. :confused: freakin meatpuppet.
so besides personal insults, you got something to bring to the table?
Levi can race whatever he wants, he won over people way below his league, good for him.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
cruso414 said:
so you were there?
funny how obsessed you are with me. Did you see who was on the start list? Now compare to the races mentioned above. Second rate, no way around it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts