Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a "fix" to help me keep my knees more toward the tube and someone suggested Lewedge to help. My feet are naturally pointed outward if my knees are pointed straight forward. Would these wedges help me -or- is there a better suggestion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I'm not sure how a wedge would help this.
I just set my cleats up so my toes point out the way that feels natural to me. Since I have long feet, I move the cleats towards the inside of each foot to keep my heels from hitting the cranks.

The best way to set up cleat position is to put your bike on a wind trainer. Warm up then start adjusting. I always make sure that both cleats are in exact mirror image- my leg length discrepancy is not great so I don't need to compensate.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
jf7fsu said:
I am looking for a "fix" to help me keep my knees more toward the tube and someone suggested Lewedge to help. My feet are naturally pointed outward if my knees are pointed straight forward. Would these wedges help me -or- is there a better suggestion?

Thanks!

What if your knees don't want ot be closer to the TT? LeWedges and other angled shims are intended to change the angle of the cleat w.r.t. the sole to better accomodate a tilt in a given person's foot. If you don't have such a tilt, you might end up causing yourself pain/injury by using the wedges when they're not needed.

Maybe all you need is to better suss out your fit--either via a fitter or yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.